Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - Any cool places

Brisbane - Any cool places

Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:41 am
Banned

AK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really nice
Default Brisbane - Any cool places

Hi guys. New to this forum so be gentle.

Im moving to Brisbane with work soon. Are there and decent areas to live in brisbane? I dont want to be too far out for say a bus into town or train or ferry etc. Preferably 30 minutes top on public transport.

Id like an areas with a good selection or bars/cafes/decent none chain restaurants mixed with a few regular high street bars if thats possible

Is there such an area or areas. If so can you name them guys. Much appreciated.

Im gonna look at Balmoral and Fotitude Valley, Are there any other ares less well known with a young crowd?

Are there any areas with a good young vibe for a choice of bars/clubs and somewhere to watch soccer if necessary?

Thanks in advance

AJ

Last edited by AK and CR; Jun 6th 2007 at 1:46 am.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - Any cool places

Originally Posted by AK and CR
Hi guys. New to this forum so be gentle.

Im moving to Brisbane with work soon. Are there and decent areas to live in brisbane? I dont want to be too far out for say a bus into town or train or ferry etc. Preferably 30 minutes top on public transport.

Id like an areas with a good selection or bars/cafes/decent none chain restaurants mixed with a few regular high street bars if thats possible

Is there such an area or areas. If so can you name them guys. Much appreciated.

Im gonna look at Balmoral and Fotitude Valley, Are there any other ares less well known with a young crowd?

Are there any areas with a good young vibe for a choice of bars/clubs and somewhere to watch soccer if necessary?

Thanks in advance

AJ
Hi AJ
Check out Paddington, West End, Bulimba and New Farm.
Jen
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Kiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Brisbane - Any cool places

Toowong and Indooroopilly.

I am in St Lucia which is is quite pricey but near the university so lots of young people, not so much in the way of bars and rest but close to city, toowong etc. Both Toowong and Indooroopilly have some nice bars and restaurants. They both have shopping malls and there are buses, trains and ferry into the city only 10mins if that!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:56 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiangsu
Toowong and Indooroopilly.

I am in St Lucia which is is quite pricey but near the university so lots of young people, not so much in the way of bars and rest but close to city, toowong etc. Both Toowong and Indooroopilly have some nice bars and restaurants. They both have shopping malls and there are buses, trains and ferry into the city only 10mins if that!
I have friends who rented in Indooroopilly and loved it, they moved to Sherwood eventually ... dunno about the local 'nightlife' but it is well handy for the public transport.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:26 pm
Banned

AK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really niceAK and CR is just really nice

Thanks alot guys. Is there a young vibe in these places. Is the cafe society quite buzzy or laid back with lots of families?

Id quite like an area that has a bit of life to it as people have said that Brisbane is a bit sleepy is this true?

Also is there an area or areas in the CBD where people flock to of an evening during the week and at weekends?

Thanks for your answers so far.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:42 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks alot guys. Is there a young vibe in these places. Is the cafe society quite buzzy or laid back with lots of families?

Id quite like an area that has a bit of life to it as people have said that Brisbane is a bit sleepy is this true?

Also is there an area or areas in the CBD where people flock to of an evening during the week and at weekends?

So it's Brisbane now? What happened to Melbourne?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:02 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, the Valley is currently the 'vogue' place to spend your Friday and Saturday nights in Brisbane. Lots of bars, clubs and eateries to keep you entertained (also not a bad place to live).

I also like West End its a little alternate but has a great cafe culture and also decent pub and night life.

Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Hi, the Valley is currently the 'vogue' place to spend your Friday and Saturday nights in Brisbane. Lots of bars, clubs and eateries to keep you entertained (also not a bad place to live).

I also like West End its a little alternate but has a great cafe culture and also decent pub and night life.
Thanks dude. Is West end a boro, the name of an area or name of a village?

The valley sort o' tops my list at the mo' but hey - beggars cant be choosers!

My co. is paying so i dont care where i live as long as its got a pulse.

Are there any regular drinking buddies that meet up at least once a week from this site itd sure be good to hook up or do i have to stsart my own!

I just needed to know that i wasnt swapping one sh.thole at the end of nowhere for another.

I have the option of Japan though.

Thanks for your answers dude.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I just needed to know that i wasnt swapping one sh.thole at the end of nowhere for another.
Didsbury?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by renth
So it's Brisbane now? What happened to Melbourne?
Is melbourne good?

Heard the ski-ing near there is pretty good. I may take a trip down, your airfares there are so cheap. The U.S. dollar is pretty great against the Aussie one at the moment and ill get paid in U.S. so ill have plenty of time to ski.

Is there snow all year?

Aj
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by renth
Didsbury?
Is didbury an area, cant seem to find it on realestate.com.au Is this the only website for areas?

Is this comprehensively all there is in Australia?

Seems like there ia housing shortage there if thats the case

Aj
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Is didbury an area, cant seem to find it on realestate.com.au Is this the only website for areas?

Is this comprehensively all there is in Australia?

Seems like there ia housing shortage there if thats the case

Aj
Hi
have a search on google for didbury you will find it (lol)
so where is cool at the moment in Brisbane well at the moment everywhere it is well cool only about 15o brrr

Billy
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:16 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate, West End is the name of the suburb if your looking on realestate.com it should be listed.

Thanks dude. Is West end a boro, the name of an area or name of a village?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Hi mate, West End is the name of the suburb if your looking on realestate.com it should be listed.
Cheers notts fan.

aj
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:21 am
Go the BNE Roar

Forest through and through for my sins!

Cheers notts fan.

aj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.