Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane airport transfer services?

Brisbane airport transfer services?

Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

nm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nice
Default Brisbane airport transfer services?

Hi there,
We are looking for a an airport shuttle service from Brisbane to New farm on Thursday. Could anyone possibly please recommend a service they have used?

So far the only three I can find are Con-x-ion and Viator for $15-20 pp.

We would prefer to go on a recommendation if at all possible.

Thank you!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane airport transfer services?

Originally Posted by nm1005
Hi there,
We are looking for a an airport shuttle service from Brisbane to New farm on Thursday. Could anyone possibly please recommend a service they have used?

So far the only three I can find are Con-x-ion and Viator for $15-20 pp.

We would prefer to go on a recommendation if at all possible.

Thank you!
Just get a cab from the airport. It's only 20ks and 15 mins.

http://www.yellowcab.com.au/

http://www.blackandwhitecabs.com.au/...!/display.html
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

nm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nicenm1005 is just really nice

Thanks for such a quick reply! Didnt even think about cabs as most places are so expensive, and shuttles are always so much cheaper! Thanks!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

do you need to book in advance or just grab one from the airport?
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for such a quick reply! Didnt even think about cabs as most places are so expensive, and shuttles are always so much cheaper! Thanks!
do you need to book in advance or just grab one from the airport?

Just mosey on out of the airport and get in queue and hop in a cab.

They will determine what size cab you need by the amount of suitcases you have etc... Too easy.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

good to hear! thank you!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're welcome.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

In my experience the shuttles are for longer trips, for example to the Sunshine Coast, or for picking you up and dropping you off at hire car companies that aren't based actually at the airport itself.
Cabs have a priority lane just about outside the main entrances and as Alfresco says they are your cheapest option.

There's a Train service into Fortitude Valley which is next door to New Farm then grab a cab from there, but at the end of the day I wouldn't bother. Just hop one at the airport.

edit: if it's your first time, don't don't don't try to tip the cabbie, not done here.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Just get a cab from the airport. It's only 20ks and 15 mins.

http://www.yellowcab.com.au/

http://www.blackandwhitecabs.com.au/...!/display.html
Taxis are the easiest option, but it will cost around $50 -$60 to New Farm
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by newkiwi
For the whole cab, yeah.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi
I'd still say it was the best option on first arrival, with loads of kuggage, rather than getting off the train at the Valley and dragging your gear through the shopping centre to find a cab. And lets face it, Brunswick Street isn't the best introduction to Brisbane
Airtrain is currently about $18 a head I think......
Old Aug 28th 2013, 1:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
In my experience the shuttles are for longer trips, for example to the Sunshine Coast, or for picking you up and dropping you off at hire car companies that aren't based actually at the airport itself.
Cabs have a priority lane just about outside the main entrances and as Alfresco says they are your cheapest option.

There's a Train service into Fortitude Valley which is next door to New Farm then grab a cab from there, but at the end of the day I wouldn't bother. Just hop one at the airport.

edit: if it's your first time, don't don't don't try to tip the cabbie, not done here.
A bit off topic sorry, but Mike, this sentence really caught my eye. I'm wondering if Qld is different from WA as I always tip (good) taxi drivers here. I know it's not required but they always seem very appreciative and not overly surprised!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:36 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
A bit off topic sorry, but Mike, this sentence really caught my eye. I'm wondering if Qld is different from WA as I always tip (good) taxi drivers here. I know it's not required but they always seem very appreciative and not overly surprised!
I rarely tip them here (Brisbane) - only if they can speak some kind of recognisable English and have a rough idea which direction to go in - like knowing the main roads. Saves me a fortune as the majority just grunt and then wait for directions. The number of drivers that can't even find the suburb never mind the street is quite scary, and I'm only 5km from the CBD.
I'm used to London cabbies and the service here is generally appalling in comparison - hence I tip by results!!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I rarely tip them here (Brisbane) - only if they can speak some kind of recognisable English and have a rough idea which direction to go in - like knowing the main roads. Saves me a fortune as the majority just grunt and then wait for directions. The number of drivers that can't even find the suburb never mind the street is quite scary, and I'm only 5km from the CBD.
I'm used to London cabbies and the service here is generally appalling in comparison - hence I tip by results!!
Oh don't worry Polly, Perth has its share of dipstick cabbies and they don't get a red cent from me
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:04 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Oh don't worry Polly, Perth has its share of dipstick cabbies and they don't get a red cent from me
Best one I had didn't understand "left"and "right" and expected me to gesture for him - from the back seat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.