Reload this Page >

Brisbane airport taxi service

Brisbane airport taxi service

Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:14 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough
Default Brisbane airport taxi service

My niece will be arriving at Brisbane airport from London on Thursday evening around 10.00pm Local time she needs a taxi/cab to pick up from the airport and being female and rather young a little worried about jumping in to any old cab. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable company that we could perhaps book in advance for her.
Many thanks.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:54 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane airport taxi service

Basically there are only two companies in Brisbane. Yellow Cabs and Black & White cabs. Think its mostly yellow cabs at the airport.

Normally there's a line of them waiting at the airport taxi rank, and you just hop in. Fare to brisbane CDBis about $35 according to website.

http://yellowcab.com.au/
http://blackandwhitecabs.com.au/cms/...!/display.html
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan
My niece will be arriving at Brisbane airport from London on Thursday evening around 10.00pm Local time she needs a taxi/cab to pick up from the airport and being female and rather young a little worried about jumping in to any old cab. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable company that we could perhaps book in advance for her.
Many thanks.
Try Silver Service / Business Class.....i think its bascially a part of one of the big 2 companies but generally a nicer car, more presentable driver etc, bit more expensive potentially.

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/transport/taxis/

I hopped in a cab at the airport the other and the cabbie seemed / smelled like he hadn't had a wash for a couple of weeks. He asked me where I was going and I told him......he then told me about how its the most prolific street in my suburb for cab passengers yadayada. 5 mins later he asked me where I was going......I think he was drunk....kept braking for no reason as well.

Last edited by bcworld; Feb 8th 2008 at 2:37 am.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:44 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Try Silver Service / Business Class.....i think its bascially a part of one of the big 2 companies but generally a nicer car, more presentable driver etc, bit more expensive potentially.

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/transport/taxis/

I hopped in a cab at the airport the other and the cabbie seemed / smelled like he hadn't had a wash for a couple of weeks. He asked me where I was going and I told him......he then told me about how its the most prolific street in my suburb for cab passengers yadayada. 5 mins later he asked me where I was going......I think he was drunk....kept braking for no reason as well.
I hopped in a silver service cab as it was the next one in the airport queue...the driver told me they are the same price as the other cabs, as the pricing is regulated.

cheers
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:58 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jan
Many thanks.
As said, the two companies recommended are about the only two cab companies I'd trust.

Having said that I can recommend the train (the 'Airtrain' as it is called) as it is fast, reliable (in my experience, etc), convenient (stops right outside the airport) and safe. Also less than half the price of a cab. Maybe less attractive if the ultimate destination is not on a main train line.

Just another option ...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:00 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan
Many thanks.
To get a car to pick her up you will need to use a private hire service, or limo service. These are typically only about $10 more thana normal cab (so comaprable to "Silver Service").

In the past I have used a driver called Joe on 0418189895. He runs the business with his son and another driver or two. If you provide him with her name and flight details (flight number) then he will wait with a sign to pick her up.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
As said, the two companies recommended are about the only two cab companies I'd trust.

Having said that I can recommend the train (the 'Airtrain' as it is called) as it is fast, reliable (in my experience, etc), convenient (stops right outside the airport) and safe. Also less than half the price of a cab. Maybe less attractive if the ultimate destination is not on a main train line.

Just another option ...
Except the last train of the day leaves the Airport at 1930......big country town indeed!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by bcworld
Except the last train of the day leaves the Airport at 1930......big country town indeed!
Well, there is THAT downside
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:16 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Air train stops at 7.30 pm... real handy that..

Bugger .. too slow . like the cleveland line
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just another option ...
wow, you have such lovely manners when you want to!!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by kelbelinoz
wow, you have such lovely manners when you want to!!!
15% useful information, 85% wind-up
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

15% useful information, 85% wind-up

ha ha ha!!! So are you a brit then? Must be with sense of humour like yours?!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:39 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
Basically there are only two companies in Brisbane. Yellow Cabs and Black & White cabs. Think its mostly yellow cabs at the airport.

http://yellowcab.com.au/
http://blackandwhitecabs.com.au/cms/...!/display.html
In theory there are TWO seperate companies but in REALITY they are both owned by same parent company and they use same telephone staff to book for both, ie consultant can take call for Yellow and then one for B & W......