Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane or adelaide

brisbane or adelaide

Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: brisbane or adelaide

Please be aware of the suburbian gangs that terrorize the neighbourhood regularly ! :-)
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:37 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

BC world you are in a big city doesnt matter about the feel bigger populations have difficulties....Brisbanes is water despite all your recent rain your predicted to be on level 6 water restrictions again within 6 months
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:38 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Thanks again Sky Blue for your input your obviously living in Utopia.!!!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cufc
BC world you are in a big city doesnt matter about the feel bigger populations have difficulties....Brisbanes is water despite all your recent rain your predicted to be on level 6 water restrictions again within 6 months
We're still on level 6 despite all the rain.

Mike.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:45 am
Banned

Thats hard when are the council considering easing the restrictions
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

u seem concerned/worried somewhat about the world you live in ? If your shoelace snaps do you buy new shoes ?

Thanks again Sky Blue for your input your obviously living in Utopia.!!!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Thats hard when are the council considering easing the restrictions
When the combined dam level is at 40% - I think we're currently at 39%. The stupid thing is that we didn't go onto level 3 until the dams went under 30% and that was nearly 2 years ago (June 06 I think).

Mike.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:02 pm
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice

all your views are great, we have friends in perth but house prices etc bit of a worry, some doctors at work say adelaide is great for families and brisbane has other qualities, too be honest where i live at the moment, which is round the corner where a high profile murder trial has just concluded in warrington, im looking for a place where my lads can be safe, happy and have an opportunity to grow up to be what they want to be, not what others want them to do. oh yes angd lots of wine
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisabarber
all your views are great, we have friends in perth but house prices etc bit of a worry, some doctors at work say adelaide is great for families and brisbane has other qualities, too be honest where i live at the moment, which is round the corner where a high profile murder trial has just concluded in warrington, im looking for a place where my lads can be safe, happy and have an opportunity to grow up to be what they want to be, not what others want them to do. oh yes angd lots of wine

Well if you want wine, then it has to be Adelaide
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Why would Adelaide be a shock to the system????? I have to say Adelaide too - We have settled very well, not experienced any home sickness (touch wood) and made loads of friends - coming from the UK the weather in Adelaide is certainly seasonal - not humid. Myself and hubby are both nurses and have had no problems finding work. Housing I would guess like for like would be a little cheaper too although for how long in todays market is anyones guess

Adelaide gets thefrom me!

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey

am i correct in thinking you are a midwife (and a nurse)
i was just wondering how easy it was for you to get jobs in Adelaide. we have been looking here also at Brisbane.

thanks

cheryl
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lisabarber
Adelaide is perfect for that, not sure what you do for a living, but ADL has a few years to go before it offers the same number of options as a comparable UK or EURO city (1 mill population), We will retire to adeliade, which is unfortunately what most of adeliade seems to be, (that's a large dose of SARCASM before anyone jumps on me again )
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi Lindsey

am i correct in thinking you are a midwife (and a nurse)
i was just wondering how easy it was for you to get jobs in Adelaide. we have been looking here also at Brisbane.

thanks

cheryl

Yes you are correct - I am still waiting for my registration to appear - Get used to the fact that nothing happens quickly herebut there is plenty of work around. I intend to do agency or casual - My hubby is a nurse and get loads of work - he does the extra's to cover what I am not earning (whilst waiting for said registaration!). I have a friend who works at one of the big hospitals in Adelaide and she tells me that they have agency staff on every shift and not just one but many!

Lindsey
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Yes you are correct - I am still waiting for my registration to appear - Get used to the fact that nothing happens quickly herebut there is plenty of work around. I intend to do agency or casual - My hubby is a nurse and get loads of work - he does the extra's to cover what I am not earning (whilst waiting for said registaration!). I have a friend who works at one of the big hospitals in Adelaide and she tells me that they have agency staff on every shift and not just one but many!

Lindsey
hi Lindsey

thanks for the reply, i wont be able to go on the agency as i will be newly qualified and they want some experience. have you heard anything about graduate programs there dont seem to be many in Queensland and i think it may be better if i start on one of these.

thanks hope your enjoying it,

cheryl
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

kelly2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

We are thinking of moving to Adelaide from the UK and wondered if there is a need for Roofers there? Also do the schools have Teaching Assistants?

Many thanks
Kelly
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Hi
at the moment they are recruiting correctional officers in the brisbane region (mainly at Wacol) so there are opportunities for your husband there.
Look at the smart jobs website, and he could submit an application in the interim.
www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
Good luck..
We are on the gold coast and love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.