Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane accommodation

Brisbane accommodation

Old May 24th 2004, 10:14 pm
mick n cheryl

Smile Brisbane accommodation

Hi All

We are heading down the coast to Brissie and Gold coast for a holiday and to meet up with my son from England on June 26th.
It will be me, Cheryl and 4 kids altogether and I have found a 4 bed apartment to rent in Brissie for 6 nights for $880 which I think is a good deal maybe others know better and can let me know . The problem (there always is one isn't there!!!) is the accommodation is only available from the 27th SO here is my questions:
1. Does any one know a decent, cheap hotel/motel which could accommodate 6 for 1 night close to the airport, son arrives 8.30PM and I am sure will just want a bed!!! OR

2. Does anyone know of anywhere we could get booked for a week from 26th which would be a better deal than what we have.

We are doing the Brisbane, Gold coat, aussie zoo, sunshine coast thing so I recon being based in Brissie is the best idea, rather than hotel here for a few nights and hotel there for a few nights.

Any thoughts or idea's for us would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Mick & Cheryl

Old May 26th 2004, 7:24 am
mick n cheryl

BUMP

Old May 26th 2004, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mick n cheryl
BUMP
Not sure if this meets your requirements. Its a furnished apartment complex that we are going to use when we go to Brisbane, its $535 up to $585 per week. Don't know if it can sleep 6 though!

http://www.seqrents.com.au/manhattannew/

http://www.moveandstay.com/brisbane/...ion.asp?id=472

Speaking of which. Has anybody stayed at these apartments before? I know they are fairly new, I'd be interested in any opinions.
Old May 26th 2004, 3:05 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane accommodation

Hi All

We are heading down the coast to Brissie and Gold coast for a holiday and to meet up with my son from England on June 26th.
It will be me, Cheryl and 4 kids altogether and I have found a 4 bed apartment to rent in Brissie for 6 nights for $880 which I think is a good deal maybe others know better and can let me know . The problem (there always is one isn't there!!!) is the accommodation is only available from the 27th SO here is my questions:
1. Does any one know a decent, cheap hotel/motel which could accommodate 6 for 1 night close to the airport, son arrives 8.30PM and I am sure will just want a bed!!! OR

2. Does anyone know of anywhere we could get booked for a week from 26th which would be a better deal than what we have.

We are doing the Brisbane, Gold coat, aussie zoo, sunshine coast thing so I recon being based in Brissie is the best idea, rather than hotel here for a few nights and hotel there for a few nights.

Thanks Mick & Cheryl
We are staying at the Airport International Motel which is close to the airport....they do familt suites and adjoining rooms, we are paying AU$150 for 4 of us in a room with one King and 2 single beds and a small kitchenette hope this helps
Old May 26th 2004, 3:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane accommodation

Hi All

Thanks Mick & Cheryl
We are staying at the Airport International Motel which is close to the airport....they do familt suites and adjoining rooms, we are paying AU$150 for 4 of us in a room with one King and 2 single beds and a small kitchenette hope this helps

Here is the e-mail addy [email protected]
Old May 26th 2004, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

NealMartin will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Not sure if this meets your requirements. Its a furnished apartment complex that we are going to use when we go to Brisbane, its $535 up to $585 per week. Don't know if it can sleep 6 though!

http://www.seqrents.com.au/manhattannew/

http://www.moveandstay.com/brisbane/...ion.asp?id=472

Speaking of which. Has anybody stayed at these apartments before? I know they are fairly new, I'd be interested in any opinions.
Thanks for letting me know about this Jack or should I say, 'I'm alright Jack'!!!
Old May 26th 2004, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NealMartin
Thanks for letting me know about this Jack or should I say, 'I'm alright Jack'!!!
No Problem. I've talked to the resident manager of the apartments, he sounds like a genuine guy, very realistic about the location and apartments (doesn't try to oversell them, but they still sound good), so I've high hopes,

Cheers,
JTL
(Jack is our dog by the way(see avatar))