Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisabane garage recommendations anyone?

Brisabane garage recommendations anyone?

Old Jul 28th 2006, 5:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Question Brisabane garage recommendations anyone?

Hi guys,

I would appear that we have a slight oil leak in our second hand Pajero. Being new here (living in the Baysides) we're not too sure about garages. Does anyone have any recommendations that they wouldn't mind sharing with us. Don't want to get ripped off you know.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 28th 2006, 6:24 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisabane garage recommendations anyone?

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi guys,

I would appear that we have a slight oil leak in our second hand Pajero. Being new here (living in the Baysides) we're not too sure about garages. Does anyone have any recommendations that they wouldn't mind sharing with us. Don't want to get ripped off you know.

Cheers

Ginny
We use Toowong Mitsubishi and never had any problems (except crossing Milton Road to get back to them after bussing back from the city ). They seem reasonably priced and the service desk peeps are very pleasant. Probably a bit far for you, but seeing as no one has replied yet, I thought I would.

Jane
Old Jul 28th 2006, 6:35 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
We use Toowong Mitsubishi and never had any problems (except crossing Milton Road to get back to them after bussing back from the city ). They seem reasonably priced and the service desk peeps are very pleasant. Probably a bit far for you, but seeing as no one has replied yet, I thought I would.

Jane

Thanks Jane. When we were in the UK we had a local garage which was cheap and cheerful......but he never ripped you off. Was alway full cause he had a good reputation. Our car's second hand and I don't want to end up paying big bucks from a dealer type place if I can go to one that's been recommended. Milton would be too bad if we could get to the city or take a train straight back to The Bayside.

Thanks again

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 28th 2006, 6:57 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Thanks Jane. When we were in the UK we had a local garage which was cheap and cheerful......but he never ripped you off. Was alway full cause he had a good reputation. Our car's second hand and I don't want to end up paying big bucks from a dealer type place if I can go to one that's been recommended. Milton would be too bad if we could get to the city or take a train straight back to The Bayside.

Thanks again

Cheers

Ginny
We also used a lovely local garage in the UK. The mechanic would pick up my car and drop it off again. I'm a bit reluctant to use smaller outfits here, but if you can find one recommended then that's reassuring. The one at Toowong is on a bus route into the city so I go and do some shopping while I wait. Took me 20 minutes to cross the bloody road back to it last time, though. None of the meanie car drivers would let me cross.

Jane
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

yea p&g machanical 62 blunder rd oxley 4076 good bloke ex pat guy knows his stuff
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:36 am
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wintersgills
yea p&g machanical 62 blunder rd oxley 4076 good bloke ex pat guy knows his stuff

Hi sorry to stick my nose in your thread but whats Oxley like? I've been offered a choice of depots and Oxleys one of them wondered if its would be worth looking to rent/buy there or commute! whats traffic like rush hour and all?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

oxley is rite on the highway al tel ya wot its like catch it rite its good for city bit like westurn bypass ncl u got me mate al good just time it rite its good like all of brizzy just the same az yam the place its self ok new at one end on blunder rd oxley mews old towords oxley centre let me know wot you want to no i work there al find out for you
i luive forest lake
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:54 am
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough

oxley is rite on the highway al tel ya wot its like catch it rite its good for city bit like westurn bypass ncl u got me mate al good just time it rite its good like all of brizzy just the same az yam the place its self ok new at one end on blunder rd oxley mews old towords oxley centre let me know wot you want to no i work there al find out for you
i luive forest lake
Thanks. How long does it take for you to commute from forest lakes to oxley
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:05 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ten mins i have a workshop there
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

u want the number?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i luive forest lake
Can we have that in English please?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
yea no wories it starts with an f 2 words and finishes with an f keep ya nose out
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:55 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

i luive forest lake

Are you in the SAS and is this some kind of code for quick pickups?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:42 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I'm very confused also and I'm Scottish! Thanks for the replies though.

Cheers

Ginny