Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing vitamins into Australia

Bringing vitamins into Australia

Old Oct 10th 2004, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Greenhorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing vitamins into Australia

A few unopened boxes of vitamins and medicine .........anyone knows if i get through quarantine with this ? Vit C, multi-Vits, Masqueliers pine tree bark, high blood pressure tablets ? i have about 6 months supply

i did manage to get vit Cs (12 tablets loosely packed) through Perth's quarantine. Was questioned on it though.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bringing vitamins into Australia

I bought starflower oil tablets, childrens vitamins - was opened, and others.....no problems or questions asked

Teresa
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhorn
A few unopened boxes of vitamins and medicine .........anyone knows if i get through quarantine with this ? Vit C, multi-Vits, Masqueliers pine tree bark, high blood pressure tablets ? i have about 6 months supply

i did manage to get vit Cs (12 tablets loosely packed) through Perth's quarantine. Was questioned on it though.
I brought in Beechams Powders, Evening Primrose, aspirin, cough mixture, all sorts of things. Make sure you declare it all.
They might not be too keen on the bark....
Old Oct 10th 2004, 7:32 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Just a word of caution, having worked, with AQIS for many years , i can tell you these people are well trained, i was present when one officer , spotted a brand of steroid , hidden in a panadol bottle, the American national was fined $10,000, and i believe his defence contractor company,sent him home..... mm
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Just a word of caution, having worked, with AQIS for many years , i can tell you these people are well trained, i was present when one officer , spotted a brand of steroid , hidden in a panadol bottle, the American national was fined $10,000, and i believe his defence contractor company,sent him home..... mm
I guess the best thing is to just bring unopened bottles, and if they are prescription, make sure the labels are intact. I think everything I brought in was still sealed and in the original boxes.

Bringing in steroids - deserved all he got.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a similar question which I derected to Aqis in WA via email [email protected] (this was for goods arriving via container though)
Had a response from the regional manager explaining exactly what and how to declare goods coming in if they had to be declared including Vitamins and Oils etc..

Take a look at Au Vitamins

Tells the whole story - Sorry about the link, it want to print as soon as you open it.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mr mover
Definitely better to declare all to customs. Don't want to start migration on the wrong foot.

Would the pine tree bark tablets stand a higher chance of acceptance if its unopened and in original packaging ?
As for blood pressure pills, would it help if i showed the doctor's prescription ?

Actually, some steroids are used as medication for coughs. i know as my doctor has mentioned it before. Does the AQIS ask further questions for clarification ? or they just charge for drug possesion ?
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Everyone, thanks.

Pollyana, agree....unopened boxes and presciption. that makes sense.
Gordys. thanks for the link. most helpful.
Swifts, thanks for sharing your experience
and Mr Mover, hmmmmmm.........thanks for telling us that honesty is the best policy !
Old Oct 10th 2004, 10:55 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely better to declare all to customs. Don't want to start migration on the wrong foot.

Would the pine tree bark tablets stand a higher chance of acceptance if its unopened and in original packaging ?
As for blood pressure pills, would it help if i showed the doctor's prescription ?

Actually, some steroids are used as medication for coughs. i know as my doctor has mentioned it before. Does the AQIS ask further questions for clarification ? or they just charge for drug possesion ?
If you are open with them, and they see you are not trying to "buck the system" AQIS &AUST CUSTOMS are very fair............... mm p,s processed un-opened tablets will not be a problem.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I guess the best thing is to just bring unopened bottles, and if they are prescription, make sure the labels are intact. I think everything I brought in was still sealed and in the original boxes.

Bringing in steroids - deserved all he got.
It,s funny what gave this guy away, he had heaps of heavy book , boxes full of body building mags, the yanks can be very foolish ,the minute AQIS, saw these they were on the immediate look out for drugs and they scored.......... mm