Reload this Page >

bringing a pug dog to oz

bringing a pug dog to oz

Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:21 am
Just Joined

evelyne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bringing a pug dog to oz

Hi all!
I've been a lurker for a while, learnt a lot from this site about the moving process

I'm an aussie, but been living in Europe (currently London) for the past 6 years, and want to go back to oz for a few years, to introduce my dutch partner to the oz lifestyle

Problem is, that we have a sweet little pug dog here in London, that we want to bring to Sydney with us. Because of their squashed noses and apparent breathing difficulties, it seems that all airlines now refuse to fly them. Someone on this forum recently recommended Ryslip kennels, but they cannot deal with pugs anymore either.
Anyone out there currently also having problems sending over flat nosed dogs?

Cheers!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:39 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bringing a pug dog to oz

Originally Posted by evelyne
Hi all!
I've been a lurker for a while, learnt a lot from this site about the moving process

I'm an aussie, but been living in Europe (currently London) for the past 6 years, and want to go back to oz for a few years, to introduce my dutch partner to the oz lifestyle

Problem is, that we have a sweet little pug dog here in London, that we want to bring to Sydney with us. Because of their squashed noses and apparent breathing difficulties, it seems that all airlines now refuse to fly them. Someone on this forum recently recommended Ryslip kennels, but they cannot deal with pugs anymore either.

Cheers!
I thought I saw a post about this here a while ago... Think someone mentioned that Japanese Airlines were the only ones now that would fly the snub nosed dogs out... Might be wrong but have a search and see...
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:10 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

Cheers!
If they refuse to carry them then I am afraid as hard as it is....its for their own good.

I have a dog and would be gutted if we were parted....hes ma wee mate u see.....but if it came to it.....whatever was safe for him I would need to live with it
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

If you havent already done so, I would give Golden Arrow shippers a ring and ask for their advice. They are based in Shropshire, they dont have a website, but you could google them and their telephone number will come up. I found their advice extremely helpful when I brought my 2 king charles out here. They seem to know all there is to know!

Good luck
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Hi all!

Cheers!
Evelyn, see my post from a few weeks ago re this, JAL have now placed an embargo on all Brachycephalic dogs, so that option is closed.

Sorry in a rush but will pm you further information later.

Regards

Jay
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:01 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

Hi i have a british bulldog and i was told by a shipping company only japanese airlines will fly them out,

anything can be done if you want your little buddy to go with you he will................I am not leaving my bulldog angel here no way she iscoming with me....................now i would like to say at crufts there was a british bulldog and it was from australia, flown in for the show,...........so no one can say snub noes dogs cant be flown........got the trade ass passed on the visa at the moment ......fingers crossed. good luck.............hey i just sold one of angels puppies to an ozzie chiropractor who want to move back soon to oz, he wants to take her back too with him..come an airoplanes nothing wrong with snub dogs fly us please"!!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

Originally Posted by graciebluecat
Hi i have a british bulldog and i was told by a shipping company only japanese airlines will fly them out,

anything can be done if you want your little buddy to go with you he will................I am not leaving my bulldog angel here no way she iscoming with me....................now i would like to say at crufts there was a british bulldog and it was from australia, flown in for the show,...........so no one can say snub noes dogs cant be flown........got the trade ass passed on the visa at the moment ......fingers crossed. good luck.............hey i just sold one of angels puppies to an ozzie chiropractor who want to move back soon to oz, he wants to take her back too with him..come an airoplanes nothing wrong with snub dogs fly us please"!!!
Afraid they can't.......we've got one, she was booked to fly June 18th.

Japanese Airlines banned them last Friday...with immediate effect.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:40 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
Afraid they can't.......we've got one, she was booked to fly June 18th.

Japanese Airlines banned them last Friday...with immediate effect.
you are joking why ??what are you going to do.??I did ring up and ask about 6 months ago, thats what i was told...............but oh my god, so no one now will fly them,
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

you are joking why ??what are you going to do.??I did ring up and ask about 6 months ago, thats what i was told...............but oh my god, so no one now will fly them,
NOPE:curse:

There are others on here - who I'm sure will chip into this string again - who know much, much more about the fine details. Basically only JAL shipped brachy dogs into Aus and now they've banned them.

The question of what we're going to do is a pretty complex one.....we only got this news on Monday and it's pretty much turned us upside-down. But not going is not an option.....we have to go....for so many different reasons...including the fact that there are 'humans' we're leaving behind who don't want us to go. We cannot now cancel everything because our dog can't go.

It's a really emotive subject...and different people have different opinions.

We're now just hoping that an alternative can be found. I've spent 3 nights looking for a solution but can't see any way at the moment.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
NOPE:curse:

There are others on here - who I'm sure will chip into this string again - who know much, much more about the fine details. Basically only JAL shipped brachy dogs into Aus and now they've banned them.

The question of what we're going to do is a pretty complex one.....we only got this news on Monday and it's pretty much turned us upside-down. But not going is not an option.....we have to go....for so many different reasons...including the fact that there are 'humans' we're leaving behind who don't want us to go. We cannot now cancel everything because our dog can't go.

It's a really emotive subject...and different people have different opinions.

We're now just hoping that an alternative can be found. I've spent 3 nights looking for a solution but can't see any way at the moment.
THIS HAS JUST TURNED ME UPSIDE DOWN.!

I am so sad i love her so much,also i have another 2 dogs one a whippet who is 11 years old with a heart murmer, and a dally who is a bit over weight and 10 years old.

also got two 14 yr old cats and a young british shorthair cat and a young siamese,.............i guess i wont afford to take all of them if i take some i dont know what to do....i was planning on taking angel (bulldog)and youngest cat, and my dads friend having the other cats , maybe my husbands dad having my whippet.as she wont make it on the plane with a heart murmer............we too have spent so much allready on this migration.i only got my dad left here, my hubby doesnt see heis dad much.so we are hoping for a better and new life in oz............please keep me informed if you find a way to get your dog there...............do you know why they are banned??
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

THIS HAS JUST TURNED ME UPSIDE DOWN.!

I am so sad i love her so much,also i have another 2 dogs one a whippet who is 11 years old with a heart murmer, and a dally who is a bit over weight and 10 years old.

also got two 14 yr old cats and a young british shorthair cat and a young siamese,.............i guess i wont afford to take all of them if i take some i dont know what to do....i was planning on taking angel (bulldog)and youngest cat, and my dads friend having the other cats , maybe my husbands dad having my whippet.as she wont make it on the plane with a heart murmer............we too have spent so much allready on this migration.i only got my dad left here, my hubby doesnt see heis dad much.so we are hoping for a better and new life in oz............please keep me informed if you find a way to get your dog there...............do you know why they are banned??
I think it was something to do with their breathing - there was a discussion on it a while back. I'll try and find it for you.......................

..edit - that was easier than I thought -here you go -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=bulldog+JAL

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 19th 2007 at 9:35 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:54 am
Just Joined

evelyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your answers guys... yep, JAL airlines won't fly pugs anymore

But there must be a way, we really can't leave the little guy behind! Maybe by boat? My partner is actually willing to travel with the dog by boat (that's how crazy we are! hehe)

I suppose they don't have charter planes going to oz? If they did, I suppose that would be one very expensive way to get a dog across!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think it was something to do with their breathing - there was a discussion on it a while back. I'll try and find it for you.......................

..edit - that was easier than I thought -here you go -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=bulldog+JAL
THANKS!...
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:25 am
Banned

Been ringing around like mad to find out anything i can, i just get told the same.!....only that at this point in time she could be flown to new zeland , on new zeland airways for ninety days and stay with someone there or quarenteen would cost "£2,000 for 90 days,and fly her to sydney .........I think there will be some resolution as surely they earn money shipping dogs they charge a small fortune to fly them.

I am going to phone quantus and ask them if i can sign a disclamer to say be it on my head if something goes wrong, i am confident enough that she would be fine.They will probably tell me to clear off but why dont we all try.IT might make them think
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:20 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Been ringing around like mad to find out anything i can, i just get told the same.!....only that at this point in time she could be flown to new zeland , on new zeland airways for ninety days and stay with someone there or quarenteen would cost "£2,000 for 90 days,and fly her to sydney .........I think there will be some resolution as surely they earn money shipping dogs they charge a small fortune to fly them.

I am going to phone quantus and ask them if i can sign a disclamer to say be it on my head if something goes wrong, i am confident enough that she would be fine.They will probably tell me to clear off but why dont we all try.IT might make them think
Dont quote me but a neighbor of mine is taking her two pugs to greece and flying Thai airways from Perth. I was only talking to her yesterday...Maybe try them. Suzette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.