Reload this Page >

Bringing my car to Aussie?

Bringing my car to Aussie?

Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

andywood777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing my car to Aussie?

Hi there,

I am moving to Perth very soon and was wondering if I can bring my VW Transporter with me. If anyone has done this or knows what I need to do in order to ship it please let me know.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Andy
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:59 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing my car to Aussie?

Originally Posted by andywood777
Hi there,

I am moving to Perth very soon and was wondering if I can bring my VW Transporter with me. If anyone has done this or knows what I need to do in order to ship it please let me know.

Kind Regards

Andy
Hello andy and welcome to the site.

The general opinion is that shipping motor vehicles is not worth it financially due to the high import costs and tax in addition to the cost of shipping and insurance but if you do a search on the site you will find some good info.

Buzzy
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

Kind Regards

Andy
what sort of vw ? bay window or split or t25 bays are very cheap in australia im looking at getting one when i get there. i wouldnt bother with taking one. to much money and hassle if its a bay how much you want for it
all the best
Dave
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:41 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi there,

Kind Regards

Andy
Hiya Andy,
I'm taking the wife's Range Rover for me

As long as you have owned it for 12 months then the process looks ok, but you need to get permission before you export it, which cost $50.

I think you need to get the vehicle modded to meet Oz regulations and then get it inspected and then plated before you can register it and use it in oz.
(havn't done it yet so others will advise.)

I spoke to the shipping company we are going to use and it can go in the container with the rest of the household stuff, but will get pulled the other end for inspection.

As to the costs, well it's up to you.

Bye
Mark
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:37 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Kind Regards

Andy
tell you what mate i have been looking at the Ozzie auto trader and could not make my mind up what to buy when i get over,but you have got me thinking now.have some great days out in one of them.

Marcus

Last edited by aston man; Sep 6th 2006 at 5:45 pm.