Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing Instant Noodles

Bringing Instant Noodles

Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Bringing Instant Noodles

This may sound like a sad request but I am anticipating some busy days ahead house hunting and may not be able to shop and cook as healthy as I would like so would anyone be able to tell me whether it is allowed to bring in instant noodles (the type in plastic packets which you add to boiling water with the enclosed satchets of sesame oil and soup powder)?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bringing Instant Noodles

yes you can
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

I would say no.

I thought they were VERY strict on bringing in ANY food. Surely better be safe than sorry, you wouldn't want a fine to be your first experience of Australia.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:08 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I am not in Oz so don't know but surely they sell stuff like that there
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
I am not in Oz so don't know but surely they sell stuff like that there
yes of course they do
and we have running water and in most areas inside dunnies
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

you can bring in any food as long as it has been processed. for example pot noodles, chocolate, lollies, tins of food.

It is unprocessed items, fruits, nuts, meat etc that you can't. Just tick the box on your immigration form that you have food items, they will check for you, and take away what you can't bring in.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:25 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amandabee
you can bring in any food as long as it has been processed. for example pot noodles, chocolate, lollies, tins of food.

It is unprocessed items, fruits, nuts, meat etc that you can't. Just tick the box on your immigration form that you have food items, they will check for you, and take away what you can't bring in.
and if you declare something you get through customs quicker as its always the shortest queue

so graba packet of mcvities and get in the short queue
o and i like the choccy ones
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

I stand corrected !!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

surely super noodles are banned on health grounds?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

So in summary I may get picked up by the health police but otherwise customs will let me through. Thanks for the helpful advice.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:37 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by discobay
So in summary I may get picked up by the health police but otherwise customs will let me through. Thanks for the helpful advice.
you can buy them here and personally I think they are better...especially the spicey ones in Coles $2.20 for 5 packets....bargain lol
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:41 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

here ye go
Attached Thumbnails Bringing Instant Noodles-indomie2.jpg  
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

By spicy ones do you mean the Korean-branded ones? In general, instant noodles are cheaper in HK.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

You can buy them in any hostel from the vending machines!

We saw lots of young travellers slouching around in sleeping bags and unwashed hair eating noodles for breakfast, dinner and tea? Surely that's not healthy?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
and if you declare something you get through customs quicker as its always the shortest queue
....unless you are on a flight from Malaysia or Hong Kong, then the 'declare' queue is huge, with people declaring bat's ears and pig nipples! (I flew MAS 2 weeks ago and it took an hour to get through AQIS)

And noodles are really cheap in the numerous Asian grocers around the place. My (Asian) hubby eats them by the bucketload and will only pay 28cents per packet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.