Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing Fair & Permissible Drugs into OZ

Bringing Fair & Permissible Drugs into OZ

Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

ssafiri is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bringing Fair & Permissible Drugs into OZ

Is it possible to bring permissible drugs(e.g. Cold tablet or psychiatry drugs) within hand bag (in-flight bag). Is it necessary to translate doctor prescription and show it at the airport?
What about drugs which would be at the baggage not on Air?

Thanks mate.

Last edited by ssafiri; Oct 18th 2007 at 7:56 pm. Reason: Drugs dropped from subject
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing Fair & Permissible Drugs into OZ

Only if they are for supply to ARL players
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssafiri
Is it possible to bring permissible drugs(e.g. Cold tablet or psychiatry drugs) within hand bag (in-flight bag). Is it necessary to translate doctor prescription and show it at the airport?

Thanks mate.
Send an email to Ben Cousins - he's the expert!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ssafiri

Thanks mate.
I've had no problem bringing in prescription drugs. I just tick the box that says I've got drugs and then the triage person at customs asks about it and crosses it out. As for translation, I would have thought the generic name would be enough. I would think that they would be okay as loing as they've got some way of identifying it.

Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I've had no problem bringing in prescription drugs. I just tick the box that says I've got drugs and then the triage person at customs asks about it and crosses it out. As for translation, I would have thought the generic name would be enough. I would think that they would be okay as loing as they've got some way of identifying it.

I've done exactly the same - had copies of the prescription with me if needed, but they just asked what the stuff was for, crossed it out on the form, and let me in. Didn't even have to show the drugs.