Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing dogs back to the uk?

Bringing dogs back to the uk?

Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Default Bringing dogs back to the uk?

Hi Guys,

At the moment we have no plans to move back to the UK, but I want to make sure that if something should happen and we need to move back that I know how to get our dog back.

Does anyone have any experience with getting there dog back to the UK from OZ? We are also looking into possibly getting another dog while we are here - would it be any different for the new dog?

I know that I am currently worrying about nothing but I like to make sure that I know how to get things done should everything go pete tong

TTFN
Chelly
Old Apr 16th 2010, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bringing dogs back to the uk?

Originally Posted by chelly77
Hi Guys,

At the moment we have no plans to move back to the UK, but I want to make sure that if something should happen and we need to move back that I know how to get our dog back.

Does anyone have any experience with getting there dog back to the UK from OZ? We are also looking into possibly getting another dog while we are here - would it be any different for the new dog?

I know that I am currently worrying about nothing but I like to make sure that I know how to get things done should everything go pete tong

TTFN
Chelly
The shippers sensibly told me that people do want to come back sometimes if it doesn't work out or they don't settle............and it's important to keep annual jabs all up to date plus you need to have the Rabies shots, (Rabies which you wouldn't otherwise need to have here in Oz).

If you have the Rabies and keep it up to date, they can go back to the UK at anytime otherwise you will need to wait 6 months after having it.............. I didn't bother personally, (we brought 4 dogs over) as we love it here.