Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing dog and quarantine

Bringing dog and quarantine

Old Nov 11th 2006, 2:12 pm
Banned

Mega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing dog and quarantine

I have a small dog which I want to bring with me to Australia. Does he have to be quarantined anyway despite the fact that he is vaccinated? Where I can read about it?
Thank you.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bringing dog and quarantine

Originally Posted by Mega
I have a small dog which I want to bring with me to Australia. Does he have to be quarantined anyway despite the fact that he is vaccinated? Where I can read about it?
Thank you.
yeah unfortunately Mega he has got to do his 30 days like the rest, vaccinations dont mean anything as far as oz is concerned , everything has to be done their way or not at al

our two dogs are in sydney quarantine at this moment , arrived on wednesday to do their sentence. I can recommend Golden Arrow pet shippers who we used and had no problems

steve
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:21 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birchway
yeah unfortunately Mega he has got to do his 30 days like the rest, vaccinations dont mean anything as far as oz is concerned , everything has to be done their way or not at al

our two dogs are in sydney quarantine at this moment , arrived on wednesday to do their sentence. I can recommend Golden Arrow pet shippers who we used and had no problems

steve
Do you mind me asking how much that cost you, Steve?

We've just had a tentative quote for our two rotties, and its over £5k - which only includes 1 day boarding in the UK - way things are looking we'd need decidedly more than that, because of the waiting times at Sydney quarantine.

By the time we add in the extra boarding, the pre-flight vets fees and everything else, it turns into scary money, and as much as I love them (leaving them just wont be an option) I don't fancy 'working' on Lendal Bridge for the next year to pay to bring them <g> (besides, all those 50ps are a pain to count)

Makes it more than likely that me, the kids and the dogs will have to wait in the UK til the house is sold, and Himself will be off to Oz by himself for a few months
Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:16 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

We've just had a tentative quote for our two rotties, and its over £5k - which only includes 1 day boarding in the UK - way things are looking we'd need decidedly more than that, because of the waiting times at Sydney quarantine.

By the time we add in the extra boarding, the pre-flight vets fees and everything else, it turns into scary money, and as much as I love them (leaving them just wont be an option) I don't fancy 'working' on Lendal Bridge for the next year to pay to bring them <g> (besides, all those 50ps are a pain to count)

Makes it more than likely that me, the kids and the dogs will have to wait in the UK til the house is sold, and Himself will be off to Oz by himself for a few months
We brought 2 staffies and total costs including permits, UK vets fees, shipping and quarantine in Sydney will be ~ £3.5k Call Eastern Creek and check their waiting times for entry for dogs. I know cats are a long time, but I think you'll find that dogs is almost nothing at the moment... They've got 300/400 spaces...
Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Thank you.
Anyone recommend for a cat? And how much?
Cheers
Peter
Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:42 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
We brought 2 staffies and total costs including permits, UK vets fees, shipping and quarantine in Sydney will be ~ £3.5k Call Eastern Creek and check their waiting times for entry for dogs. I know cats are a long time, but I think you'll find that dogs is almost nothing at the moment... They've got 300/400 spaces...
Thanks for that Rodders .. could I be really stooopid and ask which quarantine centre that is? (I only know them from the city airport name - still just amassing infor)

Who did you do your dogs with, or did you self ship?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:45 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you.
Hi we are also taking our dog over,here are a few companies to contact and they'll send you out a quote(you dont have to use them,but check a few as prices vary.)
You say its a small dog, if its a snub nosed breed then Air Japan will fly them and Ryslip are the best company to use.If its not then you'll have no problems with flight companies.

Have a look at www.ryslip.com
www.ladyhaye.co.uk
www.airpets.com

Ive also heard that Green Arrow were a good company to use but have no website.I contacted them 3 weeks ago and they didnt get back to me so as far as im concerned,theyre unreliable.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future

no problem, it cost us just over £5k, and thats for 2 Akitas, slightly larger than rotties but roughly the same

there is no waiting time in sydney quarantine, the place is huge, on 55 acres of land, it just needs a bit of forward planning to book dog flights, quarantine and your flights to coincide, but thats what the shippers are there for

ours went to Golden Arrow 4 days before they flew, all in with the price,

hope this helps

steve
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:38 pm
Officially Bewildered

no problem, it cost us just over £5k, and thats for 2 Akitas, slightly larger than rotties but roughly the same

there is no waiting time in sydney quarantine, the place is huge, on 55 acres of land, it just needs a bit of forward planning to book dog flights, quarantine and your flights to coincide, but thats what the shippers are there for

hope this helps

steve
ay thank you
Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

ay thank you
I USED PINEHAWKS FOR MY BOXER WAS $2400 VERY GOOD
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:02 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Rodders .. could I be really stooopid and ask which quarantine centre that is? (I only know them from the city airport name - still just amassing infor)

Who did you do your dogs with, or did you self ship?
Eastern Creek is about 40kms east of Sydney's CBD... Straight down the 4 motorway...

We used Pinehawk who were absolutely superb... Couldn't speak highly enough of them...
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

bokkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Eastern Creek is about 40kms east of Sydney's CBD... Straight down the 4 motorway...

We used Pinehawk who were absolutely superb... Couldn't speak highly enough of them...

i have tried to find pinehawk's web site, can you please give me the address, without all the www. because i dont know why but for some reason this site wont allow full web addresses to be posted

thanks
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:48 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

hope this helps

steve
we used golden arrow as well for our boxer in august. they dont have a website (for their own personal reasons). really really nice people. cost all in all, including quarantine at sydney about 2500 pounds, maybe a bit less than that. try them again, they would be mortified if they knew they had missed an enquiry . i cannot emphasize how much they impressed both my husband (cynic who didnt really want to send her because of cost), and myself. our dog failed her first lepto as well whilst we were on holiday in cyprus.

so glad we used them.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:13 am
Officially Bewildered

thanks for that Rodders - could you possibly pm pinehawk's tel no/website details?

I'll buy you a large drink if we finally make it out there

Lynne
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:36 pm
Timelord

Originally Posted by bokkie
i have tried to find pinehawk's web site, can you please give me the address, without all the www. because i dont know why but for some reason this site wont allow full web addresses to be posted

thanks
Try this link for their website and contact details...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.