Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing an Antique Dollshouse to Oz

Bringing an Antique Dollshouse to Oz

Old Mar 19th 2006, 5:53 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Bringing an Antique Dollshouse to Oz

My daughters have an antique dolls house which they aren't quite old enough to appreciate yet. It was made by their long dead great great uncle who was a master craftsman. We were hoping they could take it to Oz when we move.

However it is showing signs that it once had woodworm. The woodworms themselves have probably had great great grandchildren by now and have long since vacated the dolls house, but the odd sign of them from decades ago is still there.

Any ideas how we should handle this situation with AQIS?

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Mar 19th 2006, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default Re: Bringing an Antique Dollshouse to Oz

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
My daughters have an antique dolls house which they aren't quite old enough to appreciate yet. It was made by their long dead great great uncle who was a master craftsman. We were hoping they could take it to Oz when we move.

However it is showing signs that it once had woodworm. The woodworms themselves have probably had great great grandchildren by now and have long since vacated the dolls house, but the odd sign of them from decades ago is still there.

Thanks

Buzzy
Hi Buzzy

Dont have a clue but i hope you get to take it with you.

Hope someone out there can help you find out.
Let us know what happens.

Beth
Old Mar 19th 2006, 6:45 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Buzzy

Hi, you may want to email AQIS, explain the situation( I'd be safe to assume that it has been treated?) and see what they say on your problem. Longshot I know, but if it has been treated(and you could get something in writing with coy name on it) they may let it come in.

If you bring it I'd pack it in a crate and stuff it with towels, bubblewarp etc for protection.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 6:56 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Buzzy

Hey BB, clearly you will have to declare it and possibly even have it looked at/certified professionally before hand.

I'd be more worried about the possibility of it getting damaged in transit, even slightly.

I would give one of the shipping companies a call. We used John Mason.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:21 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Buzzy
You will be ok if there is no sign of RECENT borer activity [frass] you should get through with out a problem.................... mm
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:04 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bringing an Antique Dollshouse to Oz

Thanks for all the advice.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Thanks

Buzzy
Hi

We brought an old pine blanket box with us which had signs of woodworm. On the form from the shipping company you had to declare anything that may be of concern - we did that and it wasn't a problem. We also brought my daughters much loved dolls house with us and although we had the worst packers in history it survived the journey no problem.

Sarah