Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brilliant website for all those moving to Oz!!

Brilliant website for all those moving to Oz!!

Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:44 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brilliant website for all those moving to Oz!!

I would like to take the credit for finding this site, but it was posted on another thread few days back and I as always I saved to Favourites and then last night was taking a look through the site, and I thought it was extreamly helpful and informative!!

I have tried to find the person that originally posted it to say thank you, but as always I cant get the SEARCH facility to work for me!! So if it was you that posted it Thank You!!

I am sure some of you have already seen it, but for those of you that like me hadnt here it is!!

www.yellabrickroad.com
Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brilliant website for all those moving to Oz!!

Originally Posted by toon williams
I would like to take the credit for finding this site, but it was posted on another thread few days back and I as always I saved to Favourites and then last night was taking a look through the site, and I thought it was extreamly helpful and informative!!

I have tried to find the person that originally posted it to say thank you, but as always I cant get the SEARCH facility to work for me!! So if it was you that posted it Thank You!!

I am sure some of you have already seen it, but for those of you that like me hadnt here it is!!

www.yellabrickroad.com

It was GinaUK. It is a good site isn't it
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:32 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
It was GinaUK. It is a good site isn't it
Thank you, I should of known you would know who it was!!

Thanks for that will send her KARMA I did a search and couldnt find it anywhere on here, but I dont seem to ever get that search thing to work for me!!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

brionyj is on a distinguished road

Thanks - just had a look and its brilliant.

We are due to move to Mooloolaba in August and there are a few things to consider that hadn't even crossed my mind...Great for getting organised.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:26 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

www.yellabrickroad.com

Just added it to my favourites too....cheers Toon
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:40 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link - have bookmarked it also.

Just some observations though -

House on market 12 months before you go?
Start looking at flights 6 months before you go? :scared:

Makes me look extraordinarily unorganised... or just normal, I'm not sure yet

Graham
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:39 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by northerner
Thanks for the link - have bookmarked it also.

Just some observations though -

House on market 12 months before you go?
Start looking at flights 6 months before you go? :scared:

Makes me look extraordinarily unorganised... or just normal, I'm not sure yet

Graham

Well I would say you are normal!!

When I started to look at the site it frightened :scared: me big time, but now I have found it fingers crossed will help me get a little more orgainised!!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good, could have done with that before we came But have to say it would have scared the bejesus out of me. Had to laugh at some of the stuff you should do six months before - sort out belongings and put in piles I think that happened about one month before we left - two days before the container arrived.

Good site though if it reminds people what they need to do, even though the timing looks a bit sus
Old Apr 28th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]

It was me You sent me some k at the time

Last edited by suzimc; Apr 28th 2006 at 11:50 am.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:23 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by suzimc
It was me You sent me some k at the time[/QUOTE]

Ha ha glad I found you!!

Before this Visa process started I was a healthy person with a reasonable memory, NOW forget it, unless it is stated in big bold letters on the calender no chance in remembering ANYTHING!!

Thank you once again!!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha glad I found you!!

Before this Visa process started I was a healthy person with a reasonable memory, NOW forget it, unless it is stated in big bold letters on the calender no chance in remembering ANYTHING!!

Thank you once again!!!!!
I know... I had to start buying bigger handbags to accommodate the A5 filofax that I took to consulting before agreeing to anything. Believe me the OH was not happy!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2006, 3:57 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

www.yellabrickroad.com
Thanks. Just had a look and it is very useful
Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:59 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

There are actually loads of very good sites similar to that one knocking around.... and i think one or two were done by people who posted on here

shall go and have a dig round for some links ...

sue
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

varsani will become famous soon enough

hi,
heres a link i posted a while back,its pretty good and useful,
hope it is of some interest.

http://www.hartill.net/Aus/links.html

regards

varsani
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:37 am
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by varsani
hi,
heres a link i posted a while back,its pretty good and useful,
hope it is of some interest.

http://www.hartill.net/Aus/links.html

regards

varsani
Great Link thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.