British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brighton Caravan Park Adelaide.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brighton-caravan-park-adelaide-339606/)

CORKER Nov 26th 2005 11:06 am

Brighton Caravan Park Adelaide..

Has anyone been or are going to stay at Brighton park...???

What's it like and would you recommend it to others..??? :)

wanderingwombat Nov 26th 2005 10:10 pm

Re: Brighton Caravan Park Adelaide..

Originally Posted by CORKER

Dunno, stayed at Marion Holiday Park. Marion had good facilities. Ensuite too!

WW

Gjn200 Nov 27th 2005 8:25 am

Too expensive, did a deal with Woodcroft caravan park for the top place at $525/ week for 4 weeks.

G

Fardell Nov 27th 2005 8:36 am

It's not in Brighton, but in Kingston Park ... in a great location on the beach, particularly with summer coming up. The kids will love it (if you have any) with a safe beach and loads of rock pools. Nice cafe - a bit rustic - just off the beach too. Never stayed there so can only comment on location - which is also just a few minutes away from the rail line to the city. A car trip into the city will take you 20 minutes off peak - an 10 minutes to Marion shopping centre, the largest in SA (and southern hemisphere they say).

It's one of those locations you can't believe developers haven't bought and built on yet.

Note that Adelaide gets hot - often over 30C+ for days on end - during summer, therefore aircon is not an option, particularly if you are just acclimatising :-)

CORKER Nov 27th 2005 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Fardell
It's not in Brighton, but in Kingston Park ... in a great location on the beach, particularly with summer coming up. The kids will love it (if you have any) with a safe beach and loads of rock pools. Nice cafe - a bit rustic - just off the beach too. Never stayed there so can only comment on location - which is also just a few minutes away from the rail line to the city. A car trip into the city will take you 20 minutes off peak - an 10 minutes to Marion shopping centre, the largest in SA (and southern hemisphere they say).

It's one of those locations you can't believe developers haven't bought and built on yet.

Note that Adelaide gets hot - often over 30C+ for days on end - during summer, therefore aircon is not an option, particularly if you are just acclimatising :-)

Would you say it's a reasonable cab ride away from the airport..as we would like to get settled first and then start looking for car hire etc....

scuttle Nov 27th 2005 9:15 am

Hi there, it should be about a $20 cab ride from the airport, good idea not to get your car hire from the airport, as you pay additional taxes if you do. Do you know what area you are hoping to live in? :)

Fardell Nov 27th 2005 9:19 am

My guess (stress) is about $30 or less - it's a 15 to 20 minute trip - note that you don't normally want to hire a car from the airport because there is an airport pickup tax included, which is annoying on a long rental. Not sure where the nearest car hire loaction would be - at a stretch you could take the train into Adelaide to pick up a car.

Would you say it's a reasonable cab ride away from the airport..as we would like to get settled first and then start looking for car hire etc....

wengerboy Nov 27th 2005 9:24 am

might i suggest you sort out your car rental on line?
i used these guys and they brought the car to me the day i arrived!
it was a camry station wagon and was only 27 bucks a day :beer:
http://www.nofrillscarent.com.au/
(also pinched the a to z they lent me) :rolleyes:

CORKER Nov 29th 2005 4:54 am

Originally Posted by wengerboy
might i suggest you sort out your car rental on line?
i used these guys and they brought the car to me the day i arrived!
it was a camry station wagon and was only 27 bucks a day :beer:
http://www.nofrillscarent.com.au/
(also pinched the a to z they lent me) :rolleyes:

So I won't get a discount then if I mention your name ..???? :D

wengerboy Nov 29th 2005 8:50 am

So I won't get a discount then if I mention your name ..???? :D

doubt it :D but defo ask em for a street directory(there about 20 bucks you know) ;)