Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brighton/butler or joondalup for our stay

brighton/butler or joondalup for our stay

Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future
Default brighton/butler or joondalup for our stay

me wife and kids are coming over for our reccie to perth in april we have 2 propertys avalible to use for our 2 weeks one is in butler and the other in joondalup looking for advice which would suit us best my 2 girls are aged 2 and 4. things we need to consider are

1.access to beaches
2.parks and things to do in the area so we dont have to keep dragging kids out in the car
3.pubs and restaurants in the area for eating out at night
4.distance from perth centre
5.distance from mullaloo
6.in your opinions which area would suit us better all round
7.the girls want to know if we will see hi-5 and can we ride a kangaroo.

also any good car rental firms recommended need the to pick up and leave the car at the airport.

thx

karl
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:07 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brighton/butler or joondalup for our stay

Originally Posted by baggie
me wife and kids are coming over for our reccie to perth in april we have 2 propertys avalible to use for our 2 weeks one is in butler and the other in joondalup looking for advice which would suit us best my 2 girls are aged 2 and 4. things we need to consider are

1.access to beaches
2.parks and things to do in the area so we dont have to keep dragging kids out in the car
3.pubs and restaurants in the area for eating out at night
4.distance from perth centre
5.distance from mullaloo
6.in your opinions which area would suit us better all round
7.the girls want to know if we will see hi-5 and can we ride a kangaroo.

also any good car rental firms recommended need the to pick up and leave the car at the airport.

thx

karl

I would think for the reccie Joondalup may be a better option. Bit closer to the city and shops etc.

Baywaters Car hire have cheap but good cars.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
I would think for the reccie Joondalup may be a better option. Bit closer to the city and shops etc.

Baywaters Car hire have cheap but good cars.
I agree with Brian, Joondalup is very convenient for lots of stuff. It's not that far from Mullaloo either. Brighton and Butler are good suburbs, but probably better to live in long term as they are a bit more out of the way. There's also a train link to Perth from Carramar/Joondalup; very good value and quick, otherwise you'd have to get the train from Clarkson for Brigton/Butler. We've found Joondalup a great place to stay for our first few months for these reasons, although we'll probably move further out soon.
Your kids could feed a Kangaroo in Neil Hawkins Park (Joond), but don't think they'll manage to ride one
There are some pubs and restaurants in Joondalup city centre, but I can't comment on how good they are as we've always gone into Perth.
ATB
Larissa
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

They are all so close too each other I dont suppose it makes much differance. joondalup has more there, but Butler/Brighton is a bit more rural, as it is still being developed.
I would opt for Brighton myself