Which Visa????

Old Mar 30th 2001, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

dreynolds1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

I working for a IT/Telecoms company looking to expand globally. I am a software development team leader but have no degree to mention.

My company are willing to allow me to work in whatever country I wish as the work I do can be done from home. I would like to rent a place in Australia and get to know the culture, staying for about 2 years. If I can get into Australia on a visa I would also visit exhibitions demonstrating my companies software and exploit any business contacts.

As my UK based company will still be paying my wages I am unsure of the type of visa I need. I was under the impression I would need a temporary residence visa (non-business). However, the only class on the application that shows any relevance is the overseas executive. This states that I must be a holder of in class 457 (long stay temporary business entry).

I am really confused and have no idea where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 30th 2001, 11:39 pm
Russell Driver

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Have a look at the immigration website www.immi.gov.au

or post into the newsgroup misc.immigration.australia+NZ

You should find some answers in these two

Cheers

Russell

--
auSEElife Run by migrants -for migrants Lot 11 Penneys Rise,Onkaparinga Hills,SA 5163
ICQ 91486130 , Yahoo Messenger:russ1926,Fax +61 8 8186 1538