Reload this Page >

bricklaying firms in adelaide

bricklaying firms in adelaide

Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

willywonka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bricklaying firms in adelaide

i have few questions i hope someone might be able to answer
1 is it advisable to get an nvq in bricklaying as ive been doing it for 20 years before we go to oz
2 do i need a licence to lay bricks in oz
3 is it compulsory to have blue card so i can start work. its just a health and safety isnt it
4 is it easier to get a job through an agency , looking through the papers or going on site
5 what sort of hours is the average working day . do they start early finish early
6 and is there plenty of work in and around adelaide
sorry if this to many questions in one go but theres so much to find out before we come out hopefully end of jan
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:30 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bricklaying firms in adelaide

Originally Posted by willywonka
1 is it advisable to get an nvq in bricklaying as ive been doing it for 20 years before we go to oz
3 is it compulsory to have blue card so i can start work. its just a health and safety isnt it
4 is it easier to get a job through an agency , looking through the papers or going on site
5 what sort of hours is the average working day . do they start early finish early
sorry if this to many questions in one go but theres so much to find out before we come out hopefully end of jan

Cant help with most answers BUT, take a look her for work advertised www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au there are lots of adverts in the paper for brickies and lots of building work going on here in Adelaide!!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: bricklaying firms in adelaide

Originally Posted by willywonka
i am a bricky, also i have just been accepted as a bricky in oz. they value experience over quals. u will need 6 years of proof, the more the better. my bro in law is a bricky in oz he earns £180 a day 6am-5pm. i walked into an agency in perth and they asked if i could start tommorow? i would walk onto a site first, prove urself.i am told work stops @ 40 degrees? all the best paul.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Passionate Pom will become famous soon enoughPassionate Pom will become famous soon enough

Hi,
In Adelaide you will need a liscence to work on your own or you can work with someone on theirs.Normally on new housing its 1 brickie on his own and you get a contract for each house so how quick you do it and what time you start and finish is up to you. I believe the rate at the moment is $1 per brick. If you are employed rather than self employed companies normally stop work over 35 degrees but i'm sure as you know self employed its no work no pay so trades start as early as they can and its then job and finish.The weather forcast is very accurate here so you can plan your day ahead the night before.( normally work, beach and then beer and bbq )
You can get more info from someone called geary11 on adelaidebrits.com.au
good luck.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Passionate Pom
Hi,
In Adelaide you will need a liscence to work on your own or you can work with someone on theirs.Normally on new housing its 1 brickie on his own and you get a contract for each house so how quick you do it and what time you start and finish is up to you. I believe the rate at the moment is $1 per brick. If you are employed rather than self employed companies normally stop work over 35 degrees but i'm sure as you know self employed its no work no pay so trades start as early as they can and its then job and finish.The weather forcast is very accurate here so you can plan your day ahead the night before.( normally work, beach and then beer and bbq )
You can get more info from someone called geary11 on adelaidebrits.com.au
good luck.

It's www.adelaidebrits.tk