Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BRICKLAYERS WANTED WHERE IN OZ???

BRICKLAYERS WANTED WHERE IN OZ???

Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Smile BRICKLAYERS WANTED WHERE IN OZ???

Just wanted to post this thread as to get an idea of where are the best areas for work as a bricklayer in oz!

We havent decided on location yet, so any info would be great.

Also any idea what hourly/weekly rate is for bricklayer.

Thanks Everyone.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice
Default Re: BRICKLAYERS WANTED WHERE IN OZ???

GOOD QUESTION

Im interested in the replies to this thread too
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sutty77
Just wanted to post this thread as to get an idea of where are the best areas for work as a bricklayer in oz!

Thanks Everyone.
Difficult to answer the first of your questions, I live in Sydney and I would say the work is steady at the moment. Perth was booming but I believe that is pretty much over now. A workmate of mine was working on the Gold Coast for the last few years and he reckons there is loads of work there, but that is just one persons opinion. Hopefully others will answer from other areas and give you a clearer picture.
If not nearer the time I would call a couple of companies/merchants where you are interested in working and they will probably be happy to tell you the current climate as regards to work.
The second question is much easier to answer if a little depressing. The pay rate is around $30 gross(don't convert it will really depress you) on wages(employed direct) and $260-290 ABN(self employed). Hopefully this helps. Good luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sutty77

Thanks Everyone.
Sorry forgot to say that the ABN rate is per day not per week, that really would be depressing
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:10 am
Just Joined

elty is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a bricklayer looking for work if anyone knows of any.We have been here for a week and are in ocean reef.Twenty years experience ,got blue card and abn if needed.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Smile Re: BRICKLAYERS WANTED WHERE IN OZ???

Hi

Thanks for your replys.

From my own research, i have the idea that Gold Coast at the min seems to be where alot building work at the mo!! But thats just from what i have found out on the net.

Anymore suggestions, please keep them coming.

Thanks

Mandy
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:02 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elty
I am a bricklayer looking for work if anyone knows of any.We have been here for a week and are in ocean reef.Twenty years experience ,got blue card and abn if needed.
With the work tightening up you may possibly have to get the paper the night before and start ringing at 5am in the morning and just keep pressing redial untill you get through .At least it hasnt got to the stage of sleeping on the job the previous night to get a job yet ,we was doing that in the last recession and bustin our arses for 100 dollars a day or 280 a thousand .
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:59 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

im looking for brickies next week..