bricklayers

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

fhands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bricklayers

I am currently based in the Redlands area of Queensland and I am thinking of moving up to Caloundra. I am unsure about work situation up there, can anyone tell me if there is much work up in that area and roughly what rates they are paying?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default Re: bricklayers

I am keen too, to know the responses to this question, we're hoping to move out in June and have been looking into both of the areas you have mentioned.

Can i ask if there's much brickie work in the Redlands area?, or is that why you want to move, because there's not much work?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

fhands is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: bricklayers

There is plenty of work down here its just we like it up at the Sunshine Coast, it just seems there is more work down this way.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by fhands
There is plenty of work down here its just we like it up at the Sunshine Coast, it just seems there is more work down this way.
Cheers for that fhands,

I thought you might say that. From reading the posts on this site, they're telling me that there's not a great deal of work up there, some call it the casual coast, because of the lack of permanant jobs.

I've also read that the wages are lower, but who knows until you actually go there.

There is a man on here called Billy Braveheart, he's a brickie, but he's based in Perth, there might be some replies to some of his posts from people up that way, might be worth a try, if not i've recently read posts about bricklaying on here, have a look back and see.

Another chap who answers most of the posts about bricklaying is Timber Floor Au, he seems to know a bit about it.

Hope this helps