Bricklayers

Old Feb 7th 2003, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bricklayers

My other half is a bricklayer hoping to migrate to OZ but am worried about amount of work out there. Does anyone know what the building industry is like in Melbourne. Really would appreciate any help.
Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:06 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bricklayers

Originally posted by MichelleW
My other half is a bricklayer hoping to migrate to OZ but am worried about amount of work out there. Does anyone know what the building industry is like in Melbourne. Really would appreciate any help.
Hi Michelle,
Welcome,
I'm a brickie too, we're heading for Queensland as there's loads of work up there, the housing boom is spreading ever northwards up the sunshine coast.
Not sure about Melbourne but the press reckon there's a cronic shortage of skilled tradesmen [and women]
Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Bricklayers

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi Michelle,
Welcome,
I'm a brickie too, we're heading for Queensland as there's loads of work up there, the housing boom is spreading ever northwards up the sunshine coast.
Not sure about Melbourne but the press reckon there's a cronic shortage of skilled tradesmen [and women]

Thanks for that, if you hear anything about Melbourne please let me know. Michelle.
Old Feb 7th 2003, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ianrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really nice
Post Re: Bricklayers

Originally posted by MichelleW
Thanks for that, if you hear anything about Melbourne please let me know. Michelle.

Hi Michelle,
Dont know about Melbourne but there is a shortage in adelaide,think you may get state sponsored.
I am a joiner and am hoping to go to Adelaide.

Regards

Iain
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

My hubby is a joiner and we have registered with this and they email you with all the jobs you want in your required area so you get a feel. Like Cresta we are heading for Queensland as there is loads of development we saw up there and we loved it up there.

heres the website http://jobsearch.gov.au/jobseeker_fi...e=0&TextOnly=0

good luck

Carrianne
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

My hubby is a joiner and we have registered with this and they email you with all the jobs you want in your required area so you get a feel. Like Cresta we are heading for Queensland as there is loads of development we saw up there and we loved it up there.

heres the website http://jobsearch.gov.au/jobseeker_fi...e=0&TextOnly=0

good luck

Carrianne
Thanks for the info. Any idea what the wages are like, had so many different stories about low pay etc. We are going out for visit in August but would like to know before. Thanks again, Michelle.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Michelle,

There is an award scheme for each industry as far as i am aware i.e a minimum wage. It will depend on which state you intend moving too. if you want to enquire try this site I found for you

http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/Co...tegory=Enquiry

good luck

Carrianne
Old Feb 9th 2003, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Last time I checked their website the Vic Govt was sponsoring bricklayers. If you contact their STNI unit and they agree to sponsor your husband, you could find yourself enjoying a coffee in one of the snazzy cafes on the banks of the Yarra by mid this year. Good luck, adelaidegirl
Old Feb 9th 2003, 10:03 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Just looking at their site Bricklayers are listed
[url]http://www.migration.vic.gov.au/web/Employment/SMU.nsf/ALL/67AC90B859288F92CA256ACA0018275D?open

good luck
Old Feb 10th 2003, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the info, am checking out all the web pages!
Michelle.