bricklayer

Old Jul 4th 2004, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

leanne74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question bricklayer

Hi, my husband and I are just starting our visa process and are looking to move to Melbourne. My husband is a bricklayer by trade but we cannot find any work on the internet. can anybody please help us and tell us if there is plenty of work over there and are we moving to the right place.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default re bricklayer

Hi leanne, my partner john is a bricklayer and we r just in the early stages of immigration.
we r heading to brisbane/ goldcoast areas , hopefully next year .
we r off ther in a few weeks having a good look around, jobs schools ,places to live etc,
we have found loads of work for bricklayers on the net , all over queensland , and from recent threads ,there is building work going on all over the place , and not bad rates of pay neither .

Also we chose queensland for the all round weather, that way my partner will never be out of work,(well fingers crossed)
lesley
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Talking bricklayer

thanks for your reply. Do you know of any internet pages we can have a look at for jobs. prehaps we should have a look at Brisbane aswell.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:34 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Default Re: bricklayer

Originally posted by leanne74
Hi, my husband and I are just starting our visa process and are looking to move to Melbourne. My husband is a bricklayer by trade but we cannot find any work on the internet. can anybody please help us and tell us if there is plenty of work over there and are we moving to the right place.

Hi

My husband is a brickie and we have just been nominated by Victoria and are waiting for our skill assesment at the moment.
Where have you looked for work as we have found quite a few jobs. I also have family in Melbourne, Mudgee NSW & Brisbane and all have said there shouldnt be a problem finding work as they are so short of tradesmen.

If you need any more info them please PM me, we'll help all we can.

Michelle
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

My husband has 115 points so I think we will have to go to where they say, I think in a low density area. We are hoping to go out soon to have a look around. we are debating whether to put money into goverment bonds so we have the full 120 points so we can go where we want.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

hi again,
try careerone.

or if u know any national newspapers in melbourne u can try and see what they have got in the job sections .

also just type in bricklayers/bricklaying jobs in melbourne and see what u can come up with.
lesley

ps not to clever on the pc as u can probably tell.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

we also have to put in the bond money in. they decided to up the points just after we sent off the tra.:scared end of the day u get it back with interest.
good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:56 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bricklayer

We got our house built here in Melbourne two years ago come August, they had to get Brickies in from Tassie as none spare in Melbourne. I doubt if its dropped off that much in two years.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

hi. leanne again.

just been on the career one internet site and found loads of bricklayers work.
have you got any idea what the money is like? Cannot seem to find this anywhere. thanks....
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:58 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

My husband has 115 points so I think we will have to go to where they say, I think in a low density area. We are hoping to go out soon to have a look around. we are debating whether to put money into goverment bonds so we have the full 120 points so we can go where we want.

We only have 115 point as they put them up as we were sorting about the skill assessment. We have gone STNI as you can go anywhere in Victoria including Melboure city and you only need a pool mark which I think is 70.

We don't think there should be a problem with work as the trade apparentley don't advertise as much in the papers as through word of mouth and through just walking on site and seeing if anything is available.

Michelle
Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

sorry to be clueless but what is STNI...........
Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:03 pm
Living our dream!!

hi. leanne again.

just been on the career one internet site and found loads of bricklayers work.
have you got any idea what the money is like? Cannot seem to find this anywhere. thanks....

From talking to family it looks liike anything between $800 - $1000+ per week.

So who knows???

Michelle
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi !!

John here ?

Since comming on the site , I have found out a vast amount of knowledge in the building trade.

The current rate of pay seems 2 be a $1 a brick.

Which seems alright (although they seem to pay more TAX than we do !!!!)

start at 6.am finish at 2.am winter

5.am - 12.pm summer

the times are approx.

if u need any more info if i can help i will.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

STNI = State Terrortry Nominated Independant (excuse the speeling i'm only a brickie!!!)

see the dimma website