Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brickies in Perth

brickies in Perth

Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

craigb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brickies in Perth

Hopefully moving out this year to Perth and wondering what the present job situation is for brickies/builders mabe in the northern suburbs also do you recommend bringing all your tools and plant across with you ?
Craig and Caroline
Old Jan 7th 2011, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

perth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to all
Default Re: brickies in Perth area

a lot depends on where you are moving to. the northern suburbs are pretty quiet at the moment while the southern ones have quite a bit on. its been like this for 6 months or so. i do think it will pick up later in the year though. what tools and plant are you talking about?
if its just bricklaying i would suggest working for someone for a year or so first just to get to know the way things are done

perth
Old Jan 7th 2011, 3:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perth tiger
a lot depends on where you are moving to. the northern suburbs are pretty quiet at the moment while the southern ones have quite a bit on. its been like this for 6 months or so. i do think it will pick up later in the year though. what tools and plant are you talking about?
if its just bricklaying i would suggest working for someone for a year or so first just to get to know the way things are done

perth
Northern suburbs are quiet? Have you had a look at Butler or Alkimos lately?
Old Jan 7th 2011, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

perth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to all

i see from your other posts you are coming to the northern suburbs. if you want to pm me with anything feel free.

yes i have, thats where i do most of my work. alkimos has only just got titles through and butler is coming through in dribs and drabs. the only other place is banksia grove and thats not coming through in big enough numbers
Old Jan 7th 2011, 3:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

i see from your other posts you are coming to the northern suburbs. if you want to pm me with anything feel free.

yes i have, thats where i do most of my work. alkimos has only just got titles through and butler is coming through in dribs and drabs. the only other place is banksia grove and thats not coming through in big enough numbers
Butler is not coming through in dribs and drabs. Every day I drive home and see all the new houses going up. The Green is expanding at an amazing rate at the moment. This morning as I drove down Benenden there were 2 new slabs being poured. Then there are all the new cottages being put up along the side streets.

If the OP is just thinking of coming to Australia as a brickie it's going to be a good couple of years before he's here on a skilled visa. By that time Alkimos will be in full swing.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

ok i will keep quiet and keep my 30 years of experience in the buiding trade in perth to myself
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:37 am
Still alive

ok i will keep quiet and keep my 30 years of experience in the buiding trade in perth to myself
No, please keep posting about your experience. I'm only saying what I see when I drive through those suburbs daily. (I live in Butler)
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:55 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: brickies in Perth

Yeah work is getting a bit tight up there.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

could I pm you mate ??