Bribie Island

Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:38 am
Just Joined

NorthOfSydney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bribie Island

Hi,

We are a family of five who are looking at moving to Bribie Island from Sydney.

Does anybody on the forum live on Bribie Island? If so how do you find it. We're interested in schools, sports clubs etc

Thanks

Ian
Old Jul 13th 2012, 9:54 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bribie Island

Originally Posted by NorthOfSydney
Hi,

We are a family of five who are looking at moving to Bribie Island from Sydney.

Does anybody on the forum live on Bribie Island? If so how do you find it. We're interested in schools, sports clubs etc

Thanks

Ian
We lived in Sandstone Point (on the mainland opposite Bribie) and then the other side of Ningi for a couple of years, a couple of years ago

(Then we did the opposite to you and moved to NSW)

We too were a family of five. We LOVED Bribie! At the time, we had 3 teenage boys who all went to Bribie State High School. I don't think it has particularly outstanding results but all three of the boys settled in well, made new friends very quickly and did well at school. Well, apart from Middlechild who was a slacker, but he would have been a slacker anywhere.

Bribie SHS is the only public school for miles so kids are bussed in from all over the main coast - the only other alternative for us was to send them to a school in Caboolture which was never going to happen so I'm glad that they settled so well in Bribie

Sports are incredibly well catered for on Bribie. There's a soccer club, rugby club, I think there's AFL (but not sure), there's karate, bowls, golf (I think there's two golf clubs on the island) and of course swimming and surfing are popular as is the culture of surf rescue (quite a few of the kids' friends were in the surf rescue club)

We found that, between the facilities available on Bribie and those in Caboolture, we generally didn't have to venture far for any of our needs and I'd move back there in a heartbeat. Well, I would if I now didn't love the Blue Mountains so much

BUT!

Unless you're going to be able to find work close by, it's a pig of a journey to get anywhere.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Bribie Island

Originally Posted by Dreamy
We lived in Sandstone Point (on the mainland opposite Bribie) and then the other side of Ningi for a couple of years, a couple of years ago

(Then we did the opposite to you and moved to NSW)

We too were a family of five. We LOVED Bribie! At the time, we had 3 teenage boys who all went to Bribie State High School. I don't think it has particularly outstanding results but all three of the boys settled in well, made new friends very quickly and did well at school. Well, apart from Middlechild who was a slacker, but he would have been a slacker anywhere.

Bribie SHS is the only public school for miles so kids are bussed in from all over the main coast - the only other alternative for us was to send them to a school in Caboolture which was never going to happen so I'm glad that they settled so well in Bribie

Sports are incredibly well catered for on Bribie. There's a soccer club, rugby club, I think there's AFL (but not sure), there's karate, bowls, golf (I think there's two golf clubs on the island) and of course swimming and surfing are popular as is the culture of surf rescue (quite a few of the kids' friends were in the surf rescue club)

We found that, between the facilities available on Bribie and those in Caboolture, we generally didn't have to venture far for any of our needs and I'd move back there in a heartbeat. Well, I would if I now didn't love the Blue Mountains so much

BUT!

Unless you're going to be able to find work close by, it's a pig of a journey to get anywhere.
really good response, i work a lot in bribie and the above quotes are exactly spot on. personally id move up in a shot especially with kids, but as said its a bitch to get to brissy or the sunny coast, traffic can kill at peak hours, one road in and out ect, i have noticed that some parts of bribie are a bit ferrel but you get that anywhere, good luck.