breakdown cover

Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:59 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default breakdown cover

We have a 2nd car that rarely gets used. Anyone know any breakdown cover that will cover us to drive the car from Sydney to Gold Coast. I dont usually bother but am just looking in to the options.

NRMA are quoting $140 and that's only 20km towing in metro areas. ..

Is there a specific one for this trip?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: breakdown cover

Have you looked at RACQ?
http://www.racq.com.au/roadside_assi...ance_do_i_need
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: breakdown cover

Not sure that the NRMA one is limited to metro areas - we had a car that broke down almost an hour down a dirt road in the bush and the NRMA came and towed it back to the nearest country town, decided they couldnt fix it (thank heavens, that garage didnt have the best of reps) and then transported it the 350km back to Canberra - and that was the Premimum Road cover. Fortunately we didnt need a hire car that time but they were looking around to find us one from out in the Vic/NSW boondocks. Didnt cost us a cent!

We had had the regular roadside service for donkeys years and never needed it except for the occasional battery defunction until the NEW car broke down somewhere on the Hume between Holbrook and Gundagai - they towed over 100km to Gundagai but then we had to pay the tow from there to the nearest Ford dealer which was in Tumut. I upgraded at that point!

I'd say go with the Premimum NRMA cover, I've found it excellent! It does get cheaper if you have more cars and belong for aeons http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xch...emium_care.htm

Last edited by quoll; Oct 6th 2009 at 9:35 am.