Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bread Machines and Senseo Coffee Machines!

Bread Machines and Senseo Coffee Machines!

Old May 2nd 2005, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

ballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura about
Cool Bread Machines and Senseo Coffee Machines!

Hello all

Can anyone tell me whether you can get flour for bread makers in Aus?

I know this sounds really silly, but my father cannot get it where he lives in France, so I thought I'd better check further afield!

The other question is whether Senseo coffee machines have been launched in Australia, as Philips (who make them) have not bothered to respond to my e-mail to them.

If not, I will have a very happy father who will be the proud owner of our Senseo!

Thanks, in advance, to all of you. This forum is just so brilliant. I have become quite addicted!

Michele
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice
Default Re: Bread Machines and Senseo Coffee Machines!

Originally Posted by ballyhoo
Hello all

I know this sounds really silly, but my father cannot get it where he lives in France, so I thought I'd better check further afield!

The other question is whether Senseo coffee machines have been launched in Australia, as Philips (who make them) have not bothered to respond to my e-mail to them.

If not, I will have a very happy father who will be the proud owner of our Senseo!

Thanks, in advance, to all of you. This forum is just so brilliant. I have become quite addicted!

Michele
Can't help with the flour question, but yes they do have Senseo coffee machines here, well worth bringing it, am about to invest in one myself. Not keen on the instant they sell here. Cant find Carte Noir or Dowe Egberts anywhere
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I believe bread machines are very popular so you should have no problem in a major supermarket.
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:53 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
I believe bread machines are very popular so you should have no problem in a major supermarket.

That's what I thought also...
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

Hello all

Michele
Hi Michele
I have seen the flour for the bread makers,as we have one so have been looking in the supermarkets.Your dad has missed out again!
Claire
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

ballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura about

Oh, you are brilliant!

You have just made my husbands day - he can't function without his Senseo coffee in the morning. You've probably ruined my fathers day, but I will invest in one as a farewell resent for him!!!!

Thanks so much. And good luck with yours. They brilliant, even if a little expensive on the coffee pods.

Michele
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:58 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I saw some Senseo coffee machines in David Jones in Perth, earlier this year.
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Michele
Laucke makes different flour mixes for bread machines and can be found in most supermarket. It's an Australia mill which also exports worldwide - you can find Laucke mixes at Lakeland in the UK. Also you can simply get bread flour (strong flour) and measure the right amount of yeast, water/milk, salt and sugar to make bread in the bread machine or by hand.

Strong flour is just flour with high gluten content. You can buy gluten and add it to plain white flour to make it "strong". In France, look out for "type 55" farine complete (or better yet "type 65") at supermarkets - that's the equivalence of strong flour for making bread. You can also try the boulangerie. You need to experiment a bit to get it right as the climate, altitude, and the type of machine can make all the difference.

Mrs JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; May 2nd 2005 at 10:15 am.
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Oh Wow.

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it.

Also thanks for the info on bread flour in France, I will pass it on to my dad.

Looking forward to fresh coffee and bread in Australia!!

AND counting the days . . . . . So close, yet so far!!!

Michele