Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bracken Ridge? Comments Please!

Bracken Ridge? Comments Please!

Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:24 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Post Bracken Ridge? Comments Please!

Hi, topic, Bracken ridge Brisbane. Your views; pros & cons, housing, location, people, transport, things to do, give us your views of what the area has to offer and also the downsides! Pete
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bracken Ridge? Comments Please!

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi, topic, Bracken ridge Brisbane. Your views; pros & cons, housing, location, people, transport, things to do, give us your views of what the area has to offer and also the downsides! Pete
Bracken Ridge is a bit of a hard one I reckon. The way I see it, there's 2 main roads on the northside into the city: Sandgate Road and Gympie Road, and Bracken Ridge is sort of inbetween them. Having said that, at the rate Brisbane is growing, I think Bracken Ridge will be quite well placed in a couple of years time. It's close to Bunnings (B&Q type place but far far superior )! We looked at a couple of houses there, but decided it was a bit too far out for us, as Matt commutes into the city. There's a sh!t load of antennas in one bit, so be careful where you're looking! I thought you were looking Sandgate area, or am I wrong?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:15 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

We have friends who live there (we visited them on our validation trip). The part they are in was nice enough but seemed to have lots of retired couples - we didn't see any kids playing on the streets or anything. Also it was all very new and carefully planned so it depends if you like that sort of thing. Then again we only saw one part of it and I'm not sure how big it is

Martyn
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Nice enough area, mix of old bits and new bits.
There are well established housing areas and brand new developments, old shopping centre and a new shopping centre. Mix of old and young and mid ages, from what i can tell visiting the area.
Decent enough location, not far from anywhere or anything really, good transport links within a short driving distance, road and rail.
Close to the main road into the city, 30 mins to the cbd on a good run, and 10 mins drive to the nearest train station. 5 mins to the main Sunshine coast/Gold coast motorway, an hour or so either way. 20 mins from the airport.
Not far from Sandgate and Brighton, little beach at Sandgate, about 15, 20 mins in the car.

Nice area IMO

Bill
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Had an early start to the bushfire season yesterday and it was around Bracken Ridge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5281046.stm
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:34 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Had an early start to the bushfire season yesterday and it was around Bracken Ridge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5281046.stm
Very interesting article (for me an avid tea drinker) but probably not the link you intended to post
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:32 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

It's a long trek every morning for me from the gold coast to Bracken ridge TAFE but thats what I do.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:58 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Bracken Ridge is a bit of a hard one I reckon. The way I see it, there's 2 main roads on the northside into the city: Sandgate Road and Gympie Road, and Bracken Ridge is sort of inbetween them. Having said that, at the rate Brisbane is growing, I think Bracken Ridge will be quite well placed in a couple of years time. It's close to Bunnings (B&Q type place but far far superior )! We looked at a couple of houses there, but decided it was a bit too far out for us, as Matt commutes into the city. There's a sh!t load of antennas in one bit, so be careful where you're looking! I thought you were looking Sandgate area, or am I wrong?
We are looking at loads of places really, we want to rent somewhere that we think we may buy in the future. My wife will work in the CBD, the problem I have is that I have a job to go and see in the CBD north side of the river and another job on the south at springfield area so we dont know if the north or south would be better for us!! Keeping our options open and love to hear other peoples opions on the best places to live. Pete (think I will be going for the job in the north so any ideas that side?)
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking at loads of places really, we want to rent somewhere that we think we may buy in the future. My wife will work in the CBD, the problem I have is that I have a job to go and see in the CBD north side of the river and another job on the south at springfield area so we dont know if the north or south would be better for us!! Keeping our options open and love to hear other peoples opions on the best places to live. Pete (think I will be going for the job in the north so any ideas that side?)
Go back and search through posts by mlbonner and you should find a fair bit on Bracken Ridge. Michelle came out a couple of years ago and settled there.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This might be a better link for the fires.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...8-1248,00.html
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:46 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad area, close to the gateway motorway if you need to get north or south (when the gateway is moving that is )

Not sure what there is to do there, it's close to Strathpine for shopping/cinerma.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 6:30 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This might be a better link for the fires.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...8-1248,00.html

Yep - it's been unseasonably warm around there the last couple of days
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:01 am
IS VICK THERE

foopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
What is meant by the antennas - not sure.

Cheers
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foopsy
What is meant by the antennas - not sure.

Cheers
You occasionally see places where all the houses have REALLY huge, tall antennas on their roofs. It usually means it's impossible to get any TV reception wiithout them!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the tea link was for somebody else!!

The actual link I wanted to link basically was a news story of a bush fire which closed the gateway and it was located near the area in question.

Never mind, it was late and I was tanked up on tea after reading the article.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.