Boys and toys

Old Jan 1st 2004, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boys and toys

Hi all

Thought I would share this with you. My neighbour has just finished building the toy in the picture - and boy does it go! 0-100km's in 4.8 seconds! It certailnly gets a few heads looking when driving around

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Boys and toys-000_0027.jpg  
Old Jan 1st 2004, 5:34 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Steve is that the neighbour in the lovely Qlder on the left? How far did he take you in it for a test drive?

Nice xmas pressie if you are into that sort of thing .
Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice Steve, the Bloke wants to know if its just a "toy" or if its going to be raced at all?
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Mrs D - yes the neighbour on my left as you look at the house. We drove along the coast up to the Port area and there was plenty of time to open it up and show me it can brake as fast as it can accelerate! The worst time was when he put his foot down coming up to a roundabout - how on earth we got to the other side I do not know!

Pollyana - yes he does want to race it. Not sure I would want to be anywhere near the vehicle when it is racing though!

Steve
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:34 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw a GBP20K kit car being put through the paces by The Stig on Top Gear the other night - did remarkably well and was seen as good a ride as a GBP150K car. Not good on car names though, did anyone see the same prog?
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:25 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Yeah i watched that too....was cool.It was a Westfield XTR kicking the Paggini Zonda's ass.That was filmed a couple of years ago too and its now been replaced with the slightly better handling XTR2...track day heaven.
the car on the piccy is a Caterham Seven,sold as kits in Caterham or built for you at Dartford outer London.They own the rights to the name Lotus 7 which is why they have a Lotus badge on them.That one comes with a Rover K series engine as in the Freelander petrol softroader.I think it still has the record for the fastest car from 0-100kms then back to 0.About 6 seconds if i remember right.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, give us a shout if he takes out it to Queensland Raceway - I seem to spend most of my time watching people I've never heard of, driving round at break=neck speed. Be good to have someone to support for a change!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Pollyana - I will try and find out where he intends racing! Did you notice the registration plate? His name is Eddie!

Steve
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 3:22 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by deedee
Yeah i watched that too....was cool.It was a Westfield XTR kicking the Paggini Zonda's ass.That was filmed a couple of years ago too and its now been replaced with the slightly better handling XTR2...track day heaven.
the car on the piccy is a Caterham Seven,sold as kits in Caterham or built for you at Dartford outer London.They own the rights to the name Lotus 7 which is why they have a Lotus badge on them.That one comes with a Rover K series engine as in the Freelander petrol softroader.I think it still has the record for the fastest car from 0-100kms then back to 0.About 6 seconds if i remember right.
Amazing, Deedee!
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Always wanted to build a Caterham, I prefer them to the Westfield. Where did he get it??? Didn't realise Caterham had a presence in Oz. Did he import the kit or buy it locally???
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi cruisey

The car is a Lotus 7 [or a PRV?]- apparently very similar to the Caterham. Not sure where the bits came from, but if I find out will let you know.

Pollyana - the racing will not be at the Queensway Raceway - he was talking about some smaller tracks. I think the racing will not be as we know it - a load of cars trying to get over the line first. I think he wants to just do indivuidual time trial racing. This seems far more sensible to me!

Steve
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:47 pm
Home and Happy

Hi Steve, Fair enough - wouldn't want to wreck a lovely car like that. Time trialing is good to watch, though often the tracks aren't open to spectators, and unfortunately for us they don't need many marshals!