Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boy's Hairstyles in UK

Boy's Hairstyles in UK

Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boy's Hairstyles in UK

Do boys in the UK have the long surfie style hair that Aussie boys have or is my lad likely to be laughed at in the streets for looking "wierd" when we go back in June for a holiday?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boy's Hairstyles in UK

My son is 17 and he had VERY long hair even before we arrived in Aus last September,, most of his friends in the UK were/are growing their hair too so unless you are going to an area that is full of chavs who love number 1's he should be alright
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:32 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
Do boys in the UK have the long surfie style hair that Aussie boys have or is my lad likely to be laughed at in the streets for looking "wierd" when we go back in June for a holiday?
No i dont think he will have any problems, my 18 yearold brother in the uk has grew his hair long and all his mates too so ive heard my mum even bought him straightners at xmas lol!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We were expecting every UK kid to have a shaved head, girls dressed as prostitutes, and teens carrying guns (well thats what you get for reading forums).

On the haircut side was quite surprised to find heaps of boys over there have long hair. Even up nor'f plenty of boys with long hair. Only person who really commented was the indian immigration officer at manchester airport, he was having a right laugh with the little one about the white shoulder blade length hair which made him look nothing like the passport photo.

Girls we havent got any but noticed a overabudance of pink pink cardies, pink puffa jackets, pink tights, lots of tunic style dresses, not what we expected they look very sweet and girly, well considering we had been told to expect the little pro look they looked sweet to us anyway.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:39 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

My little fella has longish hair ( we started to grow it last year ) and most of his friends have started to copy him
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that the current vogue is for what I call the 'just got out of bed' look. Our generation would get up and comb/brush the mess; the current generation spend time and fortunes on sticky goo to gel their hair into place as a bigger mess than when they got up - making it stand up and sweeping it into the middle like a duck's a**e. The other current vogue (although maybe more among those older than boys who are receding/balding) is to shave the head to look like a hard man.

OzTennis
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:26 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

my son has gone from grade 2 to shoulder length in the past 12 months and so have most of his friends. there seems to be an acceptance of all styles, in my opinion, over here at the mo'. but then again maybe i'm just not keeping up with the fashions
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi yes you are right all styles are in,no one would look out of place.The emo style from the eighties is also back where one side of your face the hair is short the other side long.Theres lots of different music around so theres lots of different dress and hair styles around.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee on solent
Hi yes you are right all styles are in,no one would look out of place.The emo style from the eighties is also back where one side of your face the hair is short the other side long.Theres lots of different music around so theres lots of different dress and hair styles around.
Yes my son's got 'emo hair'
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

So what the hairstyles in Australia for kids?

Longish hair for boys?
Same for girls?

I have two boys one has got hair short spikey hair. The other is only 10 and has short plain style and refuses to get his cut really short. Grandma keeps telling him to get it cut shorter like his brother. Think she is panicking he will be like my hubby who had long hair for years! (Was into rock music hence long hair)

So will the eldest be ditching the gel and growing it?
Will the youngest be jumping for joy as he can ditch the haircuts?

Daughters one has got very long fair hair. Wants to be Rapunzel!!
The other is toddler with curly mad hair!

Gems
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
We were expecting every UK kid to have a shaved head, girls dressed as prostitutes, and teens carrying guns
Welcome to Nottingham!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:22 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Definitely seems like a trend for longer hair in boys - my teenage nephews have shoulder length hair and even at my kids primary school hair is longer - I personally prefer that to the shaved look although cases of headlice have increased!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich;4570733[B
]We were expecting every UK kid to have a shaved head, [/B]
The majority still do don't forget us posting about our lads hair, are not in that majority
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:44 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Does it really matter at the end of the day, he's a cool dude

Carol
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:49 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jad n rich
We were expecting every UK kid to have a shaved head, girls dressed as prostitutes, and teens carrying guns (well thats what you get for reading forums).

On the haircut side was quite surprised to find heaps of boys over there have long hair. Even up nor'f plenty of boys with long hair. Only person who really commented was the indian immigration officer at manchester airport, he was having a right laugh with the little one about the white shoulder blade length hair which made him look nothing like the passport photo.

Girls we havent got any but noticed a overabudance of pink pink cardies, pink puffa jackets, pink tights, lots of tunic style dresses, not what we expected they look very sweet and girly, well considering we had been told to expect the little pro look they looked sweet to us anyway.
Hi It's Carol,

I spoke to you a few months ago?

We have now had our medicals done now waiting.

My little nephew who had a heart operation is still being monitored but I'm sure he will be fine.

Have you got your visa?
Cheers Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.