Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boyfriend and i are going to perth in december

Boyfriend and i are going to perth in december

Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:30 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Cool Boyfriend and i are going to perth in december

We are away to perth in december any place's that we can stay etc like hotels,rent a house or hostel any advice,and number's or names of places would be a bonus
thanks
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice
Default Re: Boyfriend and i are going to perth in december

Look on Poms in perth for rentals.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:18 am
ABCDiamond

What is your weekly budget for accommodation ?

Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

jimmie2807 will become famous soon enoughjimmie2807 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
We are away to perth in december any place's that we can stay etc like hotels,rent a house or hostel any advice,and number's or names of places would be a bonus
thanks
when we travelled first time round to perth we found the best value was Sundancers hostel in Fremantle. Laid back with a bar, large lounge, pool tables, hot tub, decents rooms and a large kitchen. Also right in the middle of all the bars.

Also you have to spend a couple of days on Rottnest Island but you can get a villa or stay in the barracks there, If i remember we just turned up on the ferry and booked it.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:14 am
native West Aussie

Genevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jimmie2807
Also you have to spend a couple of days on Rottnest Island but you can get a villa or stay in the barracks there, If i remember we just turned up on the ferry and booked it.
Hi all, native Western Australian here :waves:

Just re: Jimmie's comment - I would be very careful about Rotto if you're planning on staying there overnight. Trips over on the ferry aren't a problem, but getting accommodation over the summer period is - usually there's a lottery-type thing set up, to determine who gets accommodation, and for what period. Just thought I should mention it - sleeping on the beach isn't everyone's preferred option!

Genevieve
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:05 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

just remember wherever you stay in Perth,bring your own entertainment.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:42 am
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

Originally Posted by this charming man
Oh, that's cruel.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What is your weekly budget for accommodation ?

lets assume that the weekly budget is about 250AUD... i am in the same boat as peachgirl .. will be travelling in november and dont know where to go
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flair002
lets assume that the weekly budget is about 250AUD... i am in the same boat as peachgirl .. will be travelling in november and dont know where to go
If you are going to do tourist type things ,Freo hostel/ backpackers is the way to go on that budget.

However long term residential would seriously be outer suburbs, you would need to budget $350 a week to have any choice at all.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
thanks
start this minute as it took us ages to find somthing then we had to pay for somthing which was not ideal as it is there holiday time as well so things are well booked up. Be prepared to pay a lot of money for the accomodation.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:09 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jimmie2807
when we travelled first time round to perth we found the best value was Sundancers hostel in Fremantle. Laid back with a bar, large lounge, pool tables, hot tub, decents rooms and a large kitchen. Also right in the middle of all the bars.
I just looked at the rates at Sundancer Backpackers Hostel... $350 pw for a double room

Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by this charming man
Nobody is interested in your comment.

If you feel the need yet again to drag Perth down, feel free to start yet another Perth is shit thread.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vicki78
Nobody is interested in your comment.

If you feel the need yet again to drag Perth down, feel free to start yet another Perth is shit thread.
I think it was merely an observation made by the charming man. Nowt wrong with that. It's good to be informed :-)