British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Boycott PB's Posts ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/boycott-pbs-posts-112866/)

tinaj Oct 13th 2002 5:01 pm

Boycott PB's Posts ?

As most people are sick of hearing about how bad Australia and Perth are. Why don't we all decide to ignore any posts that PB or the other negative vibe merchants put on. Read them if you must, but don't offer them any bait by replying to them. They will soon lose interest and stop posting as much. Maybe we will then get a better feeling to this site again.

Do you agree ??

LOL Tinaj

Don Oct 13th 2002 5:12 pm

Re: Boycott PB's Posts ?

Nah! Pommie's OK, he has been posting some really good quality info recently, he's our funniest poster and I haven't heard him swearing badly for a wee whiley.

If you don't like his posts, just screen him out (click 'Preferences' etc).

Cheers - Don

pommie bastard Oct 14th 2002 4:07 am

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:
Nah! Pommie's OK, he has been posting some really good quality info recently, he's our funniest poster and I haven't heard him swearing badly for a wee whiley.

If you don't like his posts, just screen him out (click 'Preferences' etc).

Cheers - Don

Well said Sir I try to not to use bad language its shows lack of thought, seems silly that all these good people are trying to ban me would they if I loved Australia I think not , a closed mind is a rusty one.
Must try and do some work this forum is costing my employer a lot of money in lost time these sods will get me the sack. Best Wishes PB:D

dpr21 Oct 14th 2002 7:26 am

No ways. Despite the fact that PB

i. Talks absolute sh*t (most of the time)
ii. Misses the point of the discussion (most of the time)
iii. Goes off on his own tangent (most of the time)
iv. repeats the same junk ad nauseum
v. Is so depressing and negative about Oz that I filter Prozac through my airconditioning before reading his posts and
v. Commits endless other 'criminal acts' in defaming and denigrating Oz with his tools of bad spelling, atrocious grammar, dodgy statistics etc etc etc

He makes people think about their decisions (even if his style is not great). Surely that is one of the benefits of the forum?

DPR

PS he can be amusing (in a juvenile sort of way) too

Keep him on

pommie bastard Oct 14th 2002 7:36 am

Originally posted by dpr21:
No ways. Despite the fact that PB

He makes people think about their decisions (even if his style is not great). Surely that is one of the benefits of the forum?

DPR

PS he can be amusing (in a juvenile sort of way) too

Keep him on

Well that's not that bad I thought you may alot more abusesive ,think about it we all cannot be on the same side of the fence.:D:beer:

Herman Oct 14th 2002 7:40 am

Originally posted by tinaj:
As most people are sick of hearing about how bad Australia and Perth are. Why don't we all decide to ignore any posts that PB or the other negative vibe merchants put on. Read them if you must, but don't offer them any bait by replying to them. They will soon lose interest and stop posting as much. Maybe we will then get a better feeling to this site again.

Do you agree ??

LOL Tinaj

Nah, keep him on. What do want this place to be - just lots of over-excited conversation between breathless visa hungry day dreamers? As someone who has been in Oz for a couple of years I say take what he says with a huge pinch of salt, have a laugh at his grammar-shy Victor Meldrew view point, but above all realise that there are often strands of truth in what he says. Dont get upset by what he says, even if it does encroach upon your mental picture of the life that awaits you, my advice is just modify your expectations slightly. I have put a couple of fellow poms who have lived in Oz for a while onto this forum and they love the posts of PB and Dotty! My step sister in the Gold Coast reads some of Dotty's posts and says they could have been written by her own fair hand (she's lived on the Gold Coast for 4 years).