Reload this Page >

boxing day sales in Australia

boxing day sales in Australia

Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default boxing day sales in Australia

Hi all do they have them.

the reason I ask is that we need quite a lot of electrical bits for our new rental in very early January. I am tempted to buy soon but should I wait?
May sound like a silly question but I do not know if the have the "Christmas" sales culture like the U.K.
Thanks for any replies in advance.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: boxing day sales in Australia

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi all do they have them.

the reason I ask is that we need quite a lot of electrical bits for our new rental in very early January. I am tempted to buy soon but should I wait?
May sound like a silly question but I do not know if the have the "Christmas" sales culture like the U.K.
Thanks for any replies in advance.
If you go to someplace like Harvey Norman or Retravision and buy a shedload of stuff all together you can usually haggle a decent discount.

But, yes, we do have the usual Christmas sales and after Christmas sales. As a matter of fact, they've started now. Trees are up in the shops, Santa dropped by our local mall last weekend and the carols have begun.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

They always have really cheap teles and white goods in Myer and only so many of them and people queue up before the store opens and then all rush in like mad things.

I stay away from Boxing Day sales I find that you can pick up bargains all year round. I wait until Myer in particular reduces the good stuff later on.

The Good Guys is a good place to get appliances too.

I would not take small children to the Boxing Day Sales.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:29 pm
ABCDiamond

With Good Guys, you will see that they say "less for cash"

Normally that can be about 12%, and you can still pay by credit card.

Everywhere will give discounts at any time, but the news is saying that discounts are much more aggressive at the moment as sales are down.

I went out for a 1TB hard drive the other day, and got it for $165, where the sale price was $199. Just by asking for a cash discount, with my credit card.
I have just checked online, and the 3 cheapest quoted online prices are $183, $219 & $220.

Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all and thanks for the replies. i will try the good guys.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Funky Monkey;

most retail companys MUST sell on boxing day there are fantastic deals to be had however you must barter & barter again when you think they have gone as low as possible ask for more, Harvery Norman, JJB, Clive peters all have the electrical gear as i say they must sell on boxing day or there jobs are on the line.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I went out for a 1TB hard drive the other day, and got it for $165, where the sale price was $199. Just by asking for a cash discount, with my credit card.
I have just checked online, and the 3 cheapest quoted online prices are $183, $219 & $220.
Where did you get that?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

MartinLuther;
i know lots of people in that industry mate, try it on boxing day & you shall be surprised
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Where did you get that?
My local Good Guys

But it was the last one in stock.

Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Hullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura about

And don't forget....the Boxing Day sales in Perth don't happen on Boxing Day as all the shops are closed!!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:13 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
MartinLuther;
i know lots of people in that industry mate, try it on boxing day & you shall be surprised
Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
My local Good Guys

But it was the last one in stock.
Thanks. I think I'll see what's happening after Xmas.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:22 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Bing Lee are good too, we made a list of what we wanted, walked around the shop and got the prices. The sales guy gave us a total - I asked for a cash price, he knocked 5% straight off, Then the haggling started!!!!

I paid 10% deposit on my card, then paid cash to the delivery drivers. They even installed the washing machine for free and took all of the packaging away with them - better than any UK equivalent.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a member of a union, tell Union Shopper the exact item you want and they will shop around and get the best deal for you. We've used them a lot and they've managed some excellent prices for us.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:19 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Funky Monkey;

most retail companys MUST sell on boxing day .....
A friend of ours is a Cetre Manager with one of Melbourne's Westfield malls and they are open til 9pm on Boxing Day...much to his wife's disgust