Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boxes not Furniture.

Boxes not Furniture.

Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough
Default Boxes not Furniture.

I was intending to take my furniture to OZ to try and save some money,but decided to take just 5 tea chest (size)of personal items ect.

I would welcome your opinions, and advice or tips on how best this can be done.?

Also would like items to be insured....your help would be appreciated.

Cindyloo
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Boxes not Furniture.

Hi Cindyloo!

try www.sevenseasworldwide.com or theres another called - I think - Excess Baggage

both will ship small amounts (Tea chests) and I think you can arrange cover through them (although I think it is reccomended that you take out your own independently as theirs aren't said to be up to much

Olias
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm doing the tea chest/book box thing, no furniture... horses for courses I suppose... will you get your entire life in 5 tea chests?

i'm using 7 seas... £89 for first tea cheat, then £45 each thereafter... book boxes (also 40kg weight) £22,50.... nisurance is 5% or shipping value...but it doesn't cover breakages to stuff like china...
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

Thank you all sooo much....i will be contacting them nearer the time,as it's a long way off at the moment.

I did have Pickfords come and price for a few items...thats why i decided that i could buy new and still have money left over.

eddie007 my family has told me 5 boxes will do it,the rest can be thrown very quickly into a skip lol, soooo hurtfull :curse: lol