Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boxer Dog-Should she stay or go?

Wikiposts

Boxer Dog-Should she stay or go?

Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

burkelj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boxer Dog-Should she stay or go?

Hi, I have a 5 year old boxer dog and have looked at what I need to do to take her to Brisbane. It looks like a whole load of work. Has anyone any experience of taking pets over to Oz?
Any replies would be of great help
Thanks
Luke
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:28 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boxer Dog-Should she stay or go?

Originally Posted by burkelj
Hi, I have a 5 year old boxer dog and have looked at what I need to do to take her to Brisbane. It looks like a whole load of work. Has anyone any experience of taking pets over to Oz?
Thanks
Luke

Loads of info on this, just use the search facility at top of page and type "pet shipping"

You can't really be thinking of leaving your doggy behind
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:28 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Luke
i posted exactly the same thread about 3 months ago...hang on, i'll find the link......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381204

have a nosey at that.... if you have any questions, just ask away!!
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:44 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Loads of info on this, just use the search facility at top of page and type "pet shipping"

You can't really be thinking of leaving your doggy behind
we have got 2 lush pussy cats and we are thinking of taking them over with us.......but we have heard alot of stuff about cats getting caught or shot if they are out at night times.....they apparantly attack and kill the wildlife out there and are not very welcome.

I wouldnt want to leave them behind when we go
they are our familt too as well as our kids, but the thought of having them caged up at night times doesnt seem fair to me.
And it wouldnt be much of a life for the lil fellas either.....so we might have to leave them behind.

We will have to have good look and see what its like around the Adelaide area when it comes to cats.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:37 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Luke

Depends on how much you love her and if you don't take her, will she go to a good home?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
we have got 2 lush pussy cats and we are thinking of taking them over with us.......but we have heard alot of stuff about cats getting caught or shot if they are out at night times.....they apparantly attack and kill the wildlife out there and are not very welcome.

they are our familt too as well as our kids, but the thought of having them caged up at night times doesnt seem fair to me.
And it wouldnt be much of a life for the lil fellas either.....so we might have to leave them behind.

We will have to have good look and see what its like around the Adelaide area when it comes to cats.
Why is it a problem keeping them inside at night? Our cat is perfectly happy with this arrangment. After you have seen a cat who has had it's belly ripped open by a possum, you will be much happier about keeping them in at night
Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Jeda will become famous soon enoughJeda will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Boxer Dog-Should she stay or go?

Thanks
Luke
Hi

Yes, bring her - unless you are happy to leave her with trusted family. I brought my cat from Bath to Perth and he was fine (currently sunning himself in our Perth backyard!). No problems at all. Yes, it takes a bit of organising and it's not cheap but would you leave your child behind? It's only 30 days in quarantine and that gives you time to get settled before your Boxer comes out. If it all sounds like too much then remember that this whole exercise of moving countries is a continous round of organising things - bringing your animals is just another part of it. Keep the lists up to date and keep organised - it will be ok.

Cheerio
Old Aug 12th 2006, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Jeda will become famous soon enoughJeda will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!

Hi

Well, it's best to keep your cats inside at night but the same goes for the UK. They are less likely to be injured in a cat fight, run over and annoy the neighbours. My UK cat, now in Perth, is inside all the time and goes out into the back garden when we are home so we can keep an eye on him. Cats get used to being inside after a while - it just takes time. Don't be put off bringing your cats to Australia. It is no different for them in UK than here. I lived 13 years in Bath (I am an Aussie, now in W. Aust) so I know both sides. Your cat does not get shot here if it is outside at night. I remember cats in UK being shot with air-rifles by nutcases. The same thing could happen here as there are nutcases all over the world, however I think your cat would be rather unlucky and the RSPCA would want to know about it. As for being ripped apart by Possums, well it is possible but so is winning the lottery.

Your cats will have the same level of danger in Australia as in the UK.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

yea mate i moved to brisbane 03 brought my boxer dog with me she was 6 then she was fine its not a real hassle at all just a few permits blood tests etc i used pinehawks never had a problem very good company went smooth she loves it
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:20 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Luke
We have a 4 year old Boxer...looked into taking her extensively. Would be no problem, although cost a couple of grand!!!!!

Apparently they adjust very well to the climate and the change.....loopy as they are!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!