Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bournemouth Medicals

Bournemouth Medicals

Old Apr 5th 2004, 4:27 pm
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Bournemouth Medicals

For anyone who has medicals booked in Bournemouth, or is planning on booking them soon, the surgery has just called to cancel ours on Thursday as the Doc has suffered a stroke!

Feel bad for him, but at this rate I am gonna have a stroke! We had to book them ages in advance to get in on a convenient day.

Have managed to book in at Southampton to get them done on the same day as someone had cancelled, but she warned they were expecting to get very busy with B'mouth doc out of action.

It also costs more in Southampton! At least we got in there. Had visions of driving half-way across the country in search of an approved doc.

Gonna need some after its all done and dusted...
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bournemouth Medicals

Oh my god, hope it wasn't us that caused it!!!!
shouldn't laugh i know so sorry
do you know what will happen to our meds that were propped up in his room waiting for the blood tests results to come back then they were supposed to be being couriered on Friday!

HELP!!!!!
Rach

Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Bournemouth Medicals

[/QUOTE]
PLEASE someone reply to my question!?!?!
what will happen to our medicals now????
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Thank god we cancelled our meds with him. We were booked to go on the 29th April but steve couldn't wait, so I rang Dorchester Hospital on Tuesday last week and had X-rays and Meds done on the Wednesday.

For anyone in the Dorset Area, Dorchester Hospital do X-rays on Wednesdays and Fridays and the doctor at Weymouth is very accomodating. Its easy to get to and cheaper than Bournemouth. We paid £58 each for the X-rays, £70 for Adult meds and £35 for the kids. Plus an extra £29 each for the blood tests which are sent separately. I was shocked how quick they were considering Bournemouth gave us an appointment for 7 weeks after I rang them.

Rach, it was probably you giggling too much and the shock of seeing you with your clothes off that gave him the stroke (only joking)

Best of luck in Southampton Flying Dutchman, just think, its nearly all over.

Jo
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Rach

what were the secretarial staff like there, were they also over 120 years old?? Surely they must know how to put results in an envelope and send everything off??

Perhaps you should ring them and ask. Don't forget to offer your condolences though LOL.

Jo xxx
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Jo

Good idea Jo!
will ring them tomorrow although i will have to try and stifle my giggles!!!!
by the way what do you mean i may have caused it when i got undressed
hugs to you and yours
Rach xxxx
Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:17 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

And for what's it worth, the bournemouth staff seemed quite switched on so I am sure they will process all pending blood tests etc and send them off.