Reload this Page >

bought in Brisbane - $256,000

bought in Brisbane - $256,000

Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default bought in Brisbane - $256,000

Hi,

We have just had an offer accepted to purchase a 2 bedroom spacey unit with a large balcony for $256k located in East Brisbane.

It is located 8 minutes walk from the Mowbury city cat and is very quiet, tucked off the major road.

What worries me a bit is that they accepted without negotiating! It was advertised at $270k and $256k was our first offer.

Do you think I should have come in lower....getting shaky...mixed emotions.

all the best,
Jay
Old Jan 16th 2004, 8:13 am
WBB

Default Re: bought in Brisbane - $256,000

Originally posted by jwatsonoz
Hi,

We have just had an offer accepted to purchase a 2 bedroom spacey unit with a large balcony for $256k located in East Brisbane.

It is located 8 minutes walk from the Mowbury city cat and is very quiet, tucked off the major road.

What worries me a bit is that they accepted without negotiating! It was advertised at $270k and $256k was our first offer.

all the best,
Jay
too late for worries mate, have a survey done on the house and that should help make your mind up.

Old Jan 16th 2004, 8:33 am
ABCDiamond

Hi,

all the best,
Jay
Hi Jay. Your offer of $256k came in to that area that tempts the seller to accept it rather than risk pushing you for more. Any less and they probably would have negotiated.

With your offer, they could have come back with a figure of $260k, and if you had decided against it they could easily have lost you as a buyer. But accepting your offer meant that you were commited, subject to your clauses, and therefore they had a pretty definate sale.

Did you put in a clause subject to finance and inspections?

Remember to get building and pest inspections done within 5 days !!

Old Jan 16th 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

thanks for your reply

yes,

subject to finance ("of purchasers choice")
and inspection
within 2 weeks

Also subject to me being happy with the body coporate disclosure content by tuesday next week. The BC manager has been stalling...the estate agents said that they thought he wanted to buy the unit. I'm going to sack him when I'm the new owner!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:54 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

all the best,
Jay
Hey Jason, congrats to you & Catja! Property owners extrodinaire! . I agree with ABC, I think that they probably put $10k more on it than they were wanting anyway & probably had about $255-260k in mind as what they would accept. Especially as the unit market near the city is a little slower than the rest of the market, I think they probably just decided "stuff it" & took it.

As ABC said, make sure you're happy with your clauses & you'll be right.

Well done, make sure you give the BC manager hell when you have the housewarming .
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:09 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations!
That's the exact sort of property and price range I'll be looking for when I get there. Whats it like? Any chance of a pic or is it on the real estate website anywhere?

W.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:26 am
ABCDiamond

Jay,

I forgot to say Congratulations earlier.
I do forget little things like that when my business brain gets into gear

Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:18 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

all the best,
Jay

Always dicey making offers on property specially so close to the cbd, i think you did right, when we put a couple of offers in on some property, we got knocked back, aussies never seem in a huge rush to sell, and theres always another buyer looming, + you can now use that old aussie LEVER, demand a moving date !