Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:15 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bothered Australian

Originally Posted by heraldic
......Wrong! I have no problem with Scottish or Welsh ex-pats -its the hordes of English that bother me. they are the ones with the attitude I described. I never mentioned the UK or Britain.
I put a thread on the forum the other day about Nasty Ignorant People and the downright racist abuse my sister-in-law received in Melbourne - with her being from Malaysia. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271594

Heraldic - do you realise that you are being EXACTLY like this towards people from England?????? I think you need to either revise your views or just retire to the land of Trollism because you obviously are totally un-informed and being so ridiculous in what you are saying.

How dare you say that we are all trying to escape for the ridiculous reasons you quote in your posts. Be aware that my mother is an Australian Citizen, my father being English.......... I see from BOTH points of view and find you offensive to say the least.

I will also be proud to call myself an Australian Citizen, and will be proud to tell people that I live in the great land of Australia, and contribute to its growing economy.

I think we must rejoice that the majority of Australians do not have your narrow-minded attitude to new migrants.

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Dec 17th 2004 at 3:16 pm. Reason: ;o)
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Whilst we're generalising, can I add that all people from Ipswich (England)have bad hair.

Hope this helps,

Paul.
Only ever known one bloke from Ipswuch, when I was at college, and yes 0 his hair was $^%$^%%&$%
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Whilst we're generalising, can I add that all people from Ipswich (England)have bad hair.

Hope this helps,

Paul.
Not been to Ipswich, maybe they could make a tourist-attraction out of it?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:18 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hmm.... half Welsh and half English, am I in favour or not?

Run out of pizza now,I'm just relaxing in the back row with wine and crisps......
Me too Pollyanna, think I'll just relax and watch them fight it out.

Not allowed wine at work, so chocolate will have to suffice for now.

Paul.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:21 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I think you're onto something. I can see the tourist PR now:

"Come to Ipswich if you dare, coz all you'll see is really bad hair".

Think I'll stick to accounting.

Paul.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

I think you're onto something. I can see the tourist PR now:

"Come to Ipswich if you dare, coz all you'll see is really bad hair".

Think I'll stick to accounting.

Paul.
Or ... "Ipswich ... at least it's not Norwich"?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:26 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heraldic
The way you referred to English this, and England that, leads me believe that you are either not well informed, or more likely, not very intelligent.
I'll assume that you are the latter, and haven't come to terms with the fact that the UK is made up of Scotland, England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
The fact that you say you now live in the UK makes the fact that you don't seem to know this, even more incredible!

......Wrong! I have no problem with Scottish or Welsh ex-pats -its the hordes of English that bother me. they are the ones with the attitude I described. I never mentioned the UK or Britain.
OK. So you're letting Scots & Welsh off the hook, but you're still generalising / patronising / stereotyping, the English members of this forum.

As I said before, you can't tar everyone with the same brush!

As Martin Luther King famously said. "Do not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the content of his character".

Does this not translate into Aussie as, "Fair go"?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:27 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

I like it.

I work in Norwich. Their genuine slogan is "Norwich, a fine City".

They must have spent years thinking that one up. It's really moves you and makes you wanna relocate to Norwich eh?

Maybe we should have a thread on pants slogans for Aussie towns.

Paul.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:29 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

"Canberra, Everything you've ever dreamed of and less!"
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

My hubby will have just finished work in Ipswich for the VERY last time. Don't think he'll be too sad to leave.

I remember once being told a story about a doctor who used the abbreviation N.F.N on someones medical notes. He was being hauled across the coals because apparently it was an in-joke amongst the dr's. It stood for "normal for Norwich"
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:33 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

"Perth......how far?!!!"
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:33 pm
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This could be the Expats Drinking Session that beats all! I;ve seen Proofreader when she gets into the red wine, so with me, the Madsads, and Deadmeat as well....I wonder if the bottle shops are ready for this....... :scared:
Seriously looking forward to it!

Us too, should be fun & games!!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:37 pm
you lookin at me?

how would that work? put some ipswichians on a bandstand and tourist's wander by pointing at their hair?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:40 pm
you lookin at me?

AN IPSWICH JOKE

Bloke To Ipswich Guy: why have you got two heads?

Ipswich Guy: cos my dad cut the other one off!!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:43 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by Ghostface
how would that work? put some ipswichians on a bandstand and tourist's wander by pointing at their hair?
We could make a fortune.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.