Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:53 am
heraldic

Default Re: Bothered Australian

The point is obvious.....Australia is a pretty dull place, but has potential.
it doesnt need anymore of the boring-brittania set - consider somewhere else where you may contribute positively.
Financial and business concerns require me to return to Oz oneday to live permenantly.
having spent four years in the UK and Europe has opened my eyes and made me realise that Oz is a tad dull. it has made me think about why it is I believe I am hitting on one reason.
I would rather Muslim-fundamentalists immigrate to Oz than the boring-brittania set-at least they add color(as a minority). i would rather the asian underworld go there.
To me England seems like a country split in two-one part charming, incredibly cultured, extremely interesting-the other half utterly tragic-the most depressed f--ks on earth. I would rather the latter group stop seeing Australia as a potential place to immigrate.
i would like to say, however, i laugh when people say they went oz and it didnt work out-and you realise they moved to perth or brissy-many melburnians would rather die than live in these cities-perth is the arse end of the world. melbourne is the place to go to, in my opinion.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:58 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

There you go, Paul - Heraldic's just replied. Now play nicely!

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!!!

Originally Posted by diddy
C'mon heraldic, let's have it.

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:15 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heraldic
The point is obvious....

Nope it isn't.......

.Australia is a pretty dull place, but has potential.

You're suffering from "Grass is greener" syndrome. We all consider our home place to be duller than foreign more exotic locations.

consider somewhere else where you may contribute positively.

Shove it up your *rse.

Financial and business concerns require me to return to Oz oneday to live permenantly.

I don't believe you. Please expand.

having spent four years in the UK and Europe has opened my eyes and made me realise that Oz is a tad dull.

Haven't you contradicted yourself?

it has made me think about why it is I believe I am hitting on one reason.
I would rather Muslim-fundamentalists immigrate to Oz than the boring-brittania set-at least they add color(as a minority).

...so you're saying you want to keep them a minority. Doesn't this also contradict your slating of the English who move to Oz to escape the Asian migrants

i would rather the asian underworld go there.

Yeah right.

To me England seems like a country split in two-one

Good to see you're not trying to simplify things

part charming, incredibly cultured,

tis true....England has wonderful culture (I'm not English by the way)

extremely interesting-the other half utterly tragic-the most depressed f--ks on earth.

Tis true also.

I would rather the latter group stop seeing Australia as a potential place to immigrate.

So it is alright for some of us to go there. Gee thanks.

i would like to say, however, i laugh

So you can laugh..

when people say they went oz and it didnt work out-and you realise they moved to perth or brissy-many melburnians would rather die

are you exagerrating a tad again?

than live in these cities-perth is the arse end of the world. melbourne is the place to go to, in my opinion.
Ah...Melburnians. I've never met an insecure Melburnian before honest, that doesn't continually whine how great their city is especially compared to Sydney.

Make sure you read my editing of your last post first.

So to summarise, Australia is dull, but England is even duller but is also great with lots of culture. You want Australia to become more cultural so long as it doesn't involve the English. The best thing for Australia is to import Muslim fundamentalists and Crime barons (didn't they do that before). Melbourne's Great and everywhere else is pants and Melburnians have the finest taste in where to live.

Thanks. I think that explains everything.

Have you ever considered retracting everything you said and starting again?

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:32 am
heraldic

My point is fairly coherent.
I never said England is duller than Oz- I said there is a drab depressed element in England.
I said many of these people see Australia as a place to immigrate to.
I also said that while Australia may seem culturally empty to many-including muyself, Melbourne, in my opinion, is the exception (And I am from Sydney).
melbourne has depth- and Sydney is not too bad either.
The rest of the country, in my opinion, is an utter cultural and intellectual wasteland. Places like Perth could do without more of the boring brittania set.
of course the nature is spectacular in many parts.
And yes i wouldnt want a majority of muslim fundamentalists in Oz-i doubt many Australians would-after all we are a democracy and a muslim fundamentalist majority would probably mean Australia becoming a muslim fundamentalist state.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:33 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Australia is a magnet for the world's most boring people. So that'd be everyone in this particular forum then. So why, pray tell, do you want to talk to us if we're so dull?

GG
My thoughts exactly. It's either the classic inferiority complex of an expat who doesn't quite fit in, or this person is drunk, insane or just taking the piss at our expense......
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:37 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

My point is fairly coherent.
I never said England is duller than Oz- I said there is a drab depressed element in England.
I said many of these people see Australia as a place to immigrate to.
I also said that while Australia may seem culturally empty to many-including muyself, Melbourne, in my opinion, is the exception (And I am from Sydney).
melbourne has depth- and Sydney is not too bad either.
The rest of the country, in my opinion, is an utter cultural and intellectual wasteland. Places like Perth could do without more of the boring brittania set.
of course the nature is spectacular in many parts.
And yes i wouldnt want a majority of muslim fundamentalists in Oz-i doubt many Australians would-after all we are a democracy and a muslim fundamentalist majority would probably mean Australia becoming a muslim fundamentalist state.
To get a muslim majority state you would need twenty million muslims to move to Aus. Pretty unlikely.....

Why am I boring btw? .....
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:39 am
heraldic

i'm sure there are those here who agree with the basic point i am making-I have clearly hit raw nerve amongst some-sorry.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:44 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure there are those here who agree with the basic point i am making-I have clearly hit raw nerve amongst some-sorry.
I'm still trying to figure out what you're point is. How's this:

During your time abroad, you've decided that Australia is dull. It has potential but this cannot be drawn out by the dull English, as they don't have the capacity to help take Australia forward into a less dull era.

Therefore, your answer to making Australia less dull is what?

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:54 am
heraldic

.....but , if a spaniard native to tenerife(however you spell it) Who didnt care for the massive injection of money, complained that the English have ruined the atmosphere of the island-this mob would shoot the point down as invalid.Such is the colonising impulse- everyone must LOVE them coming to their country-or else. Australia, being an ex-colony comprising largely people of recent Uk extraction would be a little odd if it objected to UK immigrants and I certainly would never suggest such an absurd thing. I merely suggest we take a closer look at the type of immigrant coming from the UK-not such an absurd point.
It is a difficult point to argue that beyond economic statistics a country should endevour to have some depth and soul- and that Australia should try to do so-firstly by looking at immigration.
Every time I hear an pomm saying were thinking of going to Oz to get away from crime and ethnic gangs I think another little step backwards to this end.
it might be an obscure point but it is a fair point.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:00 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

.....but , if a spaniard native to tenerife(however you spell it) Who didnt care for the massive injection of money, complained that the English have ruined the atmosphere of the island-this mob would shoot the point down as invalid.Such is the colonising impulse- everyone must LOVE them coming to their country-or else. Australia, being an ex-colony comprising largely people of recent Uk extraction would be a little odd if it objected to UK immigrants and I certainly would never suggest such an absurd thing. I merely suggest we take a closer look at the type of immigrant coming from the UK-not such an absurd point.
It is a difficult point to argue that beyond economic statistics a country should endevour to have some depth and soul- and that Australia should try to do so-firstly by looking at immigration.
Every time I hear an pomm saying were thinking of going to Oz to get away from crime and ethnic gangs I think another little step backwards to this end.
it might be an obscure point but it is a fair point.
and one that is make with more frequency that you think on this site. Maybe there should be a dullness test before people are accepted into Oz. Anyway, I'm outta here now as I sense a Oz has this crime, that employment etc thread coming along. Have a good evening.

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:06 am
heraldic

Not the dull english-the type of english attraced to Oz(by and large).
we should avoid the type of english immigrant that comes to Oz to get away from "crime and gangs" (ie -racist xenophobes).
Why import narrow-minded racists-do we really need more.
we should concentrate on Asia as a source of immigrants.
the fact that Asians can be racist too, and that exotic is merely that which is different are both irrelevant. its how one would like their society to look-the fact is variety is interesting.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Talking shit, as usual. I take it you've not been to Perth for the Festival:

http://www.perthfestival.com.au/fest...ion/home.home/
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:16 am
heraldic

....and besides if Oz is so low on crime why does every window in Sydney have bars over it???? I feel safer in the English countryside than Sydney-and the thing that amazes me is that for all the talk about ethnics england remains 90% anglo-celtic, while Oz is 70% anglo-celtic. thats the bit that is far less logical than anything i said-why do people come to Australia to escape ethnics????

Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:21 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Says who? everybody has different reasons & choices "why they come to Oz"

Donna.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Not the dull english-the type of english attraced to Oz(by and large).
we should avoid the type of english immigrant that comes to Oz to get away from "crime and gangs" (ie -racist xenophobes).
Why import narrow-minded racists-do we really need more.
we should concentrate on Asia as a source of immigrants.
the fact that Asians can be racist too, and that exotic is merely that which is different are both irrelevant. its how one would like their society to look-the fact is variety is interesting.
I despise racism too, but it is simply not fair to give preference to one country or region for immigrants in the vain hope that that will avoid racists coming to Aus. There are 60 million people in the UK and if you were prepared to be more open-minded then you would know that we are not all the same. Your views hint at xenophobia towards the English or the British. I love this country and I am certain that it is no more racist than Aus or anywhere else.

You simply can't make meaningful comparisons between different Asian countries. They are culturally extremely heterogeneous and utterly different from one another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.