Borrowing power

Old Mar 19th 2005, 4:30 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future
Default Borrowing power

We arrived in Australia late last Year and have just sold our UK house leaving us a profit after paying off our Mortgage and other debt's of around $130K.
We are looking to borrow around $100 to purchase a property West of Brisbane (acreage)

The problem is my partner is a stay-at-home-mum and I am struggling to find work in my chosen profession and have taken a job in a factory where I am earning poor money, but it is a permanent position.

Has anyone attempted to borrow money in a similar position and do you think we will be able to borrow given that we have a substantial ($130K) deposit to put down on a home.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 4:36 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Borrowing power

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
We arrived in Australia late last Year and have just sold our UK house leaving us a profit after paying off our Mortgage and other debt's of around $130K.
We are looking to borrow around $100 to purchase a property West of Brisbane (acreage)

The problem is my partner is a stay-at-home-mum and I am struggling to find work in my chosen profession and have taken a job in a factory where I am earning poor money, but it is a permanent position.

Has anyone attempted to borrow money in a similar position and do you think we will be able to borrow given that we have a substantial ($130K) deposit to put down on a home.
It will depend a lot on your actual income, have you tried a mortgage broker yet ?