Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Borrowing Money From SomeBody on His Credit Card

Borrowing Money From SomeBody on His Credit Card

Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:54 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Borrowing Money From SomeBody on His Credit Card

Dear sir/Madam,

If a person have borrowed some money from his friend on his credit card, is there any legal precedure in Australia through which he can recover his money back?

Thanks,
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:57 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Borrowing Money From SomeBody on His Credit Card

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Dear sir/Madam,

If a person have borrowed some money from his friend on his credit card, is there any legal precedure in Australia through which he can recover his money back?

Thanks,
did you give him the pin?
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:03 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
did you give him the pin?
yes but he is ignoring
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:11 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

yes but he is ignoring

Pin....pin....pin...not ring

....did you give him the pin number so he could use your card?

God give me strength

Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:15 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a pin number for a c.card I don't think

Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:16 am
Banned

Question Re: Borrowing Money From SomeBody on His Credit Card

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Pin....pin....pin...not ring

....did you give him the pin number so he could use your card?

God give me strength

Nope I havent given him the pin number.He borrowed some money on my credit card for his airline tickets and the airline tickets issued are on his name.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:16 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Could be that the person owning the credit card drew it out for the person who then borrowed it!!!!

If this is the case then probably not unless they have a small claims court over here in Oz and you have documentation that you lent it to said friend!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Some you do, I have 2 cc's and have a pin for both, but it may be different in Oz to the UK and unfortunatley we are still in the UK

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
You don't need a pin number for a c.card I don't think

Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:19 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Nope I havent given him the pin number.He borrowed some money on my credit card for his airline tickets and the airline tickets issued are on his name.
hummm how did you manage that one

We tried that, my mum was willing to lend us her card to book our flights last year but Emirates wouldn't accept it as she wasn't flying as well,

We had to get our own card to pay for the flights

(i will add we paid off said card before we flew!)
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:20 am
Banned

Question Re: Borrowing Money From SomeBody on His Credit Card

Originally Posted by Sam
Could be that the person owning the credit card drew it out for the person who then borrowed it!!!!

If this is the case then probably not unless they have a small claims court over here in Oz and you have documentation that you lent it to said friend!
Nope I havent given him the pin number.He borrowed some money from me on my credit card for his airline tickets and the airline tickets issued are on his name.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:20 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

no, you wont be able to get your money back as you gave him permission to use the card.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, i dont think you really have a leg to stand on unless you can prove the transaction and take it to court. Lesson learned.. never lend serious money.......
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:23 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
hummm how did you manage that one

We tried that, my mum was willing to lend us her card to book our flights last year but Emirates wouldn't accept it as she wasn't flying as well,

We had to get our own card to pay for the flights

(i will add we paid off said card before we flew!)
Thats an internal policy for that airline direct. I've often booked tickets for relatives on my American Express card.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:23 am

Did you use your c.card to obtain money then lend it to him so he could buy tickets? Or did you buy his tickets using your card? Or did he use your card?
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:26 am
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Some you do, I have 2 cc's and have a pin for both, but it may be different in Oz to the UK and unfortunatley we are still in the UK
I have a CC here in Oz and i have a Pin no for it

No i wont tell you what it is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.