Boring Perth?

Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boring Perth?

Originally Posted by Coda
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005371,00.html

I keep coming across this stuff. Why? Is Perth really dullsville? Is this an accurate assessment?

Can I qualify for life in Perth? Most of the stuff im interested in is outdoor stuff, not a pub person, like bbq's, surfing, trailbikes, walking the dog, chilling out with a decent book, camping, and playing music.
Good link that one.

I personally find it too quiet,not boring quiet and there is a difference. It shuts down as a city early and if you go out at night it will generally be quiet although I know there is Northbridge e.t.c. I think it is better for children in some ways but at what price? we have no family here only a stepbrother I am not that close too and yes the U.K has its faults but I miss the regular Saturday nights with family and the gatherings.

For me it is too quiet
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Im also starting to notice a disturbing trend. It seems like it's the women who can't settle?
It's usually the case.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:08 am
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice

most people who bang on about lack of culture etc, couldn't even tell you who painted the Mona Lisa

yeah but what's rembrant got to do with it
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
I think it is better for children in some ways but at what price? we have no family here only a stepbrother I am not that close too and yes the U.K has its faults but I miss the regular Saturday nights with family and the gatherings.

For me it is too quiet
Good point and I miss this too BUT this is not a Perth specific issue - it applies to all migrants in all countries. And the Saturday night thing only applies if you are in say an hour's drive of your family?

It's funny but we often discuss the rose tinted specs on this forum but I think that there are rose tinted specs worn by some who miss England. Not in terms of whether England is better than Australia but in terms of what any one family will get out of living back in the UK after the 6 month settling in period. I'm guilty of it - I still wake up deeply disturbed that I'm possibly not doing the "right" thing for my children by staing away from family.

I find tuning into UK webcams quite a good antidote to the homesick feeling.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:18 am
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Good point and I miss this too BUT this is not a Perth specific issue - it applies to all migrants in all countries. And the Saturday night thing only applies if you are in say an hour's drive of your family?

It's funny but we often discuss the rose tinted specs on this forum but I think that there are rose tinted specs worn by some who miss England. Not in terms of whether England is better than Australia but in terms of what any one family will get out of living back in the UK after the 6 month settling in period. I'm guilty of it - I still wake up deeply disturbed that I'm possibly not doing the "right" thing for my children by staing away from family.

I find tuning into UK webcams quite a good antidote to the homesick feeling.
I relate to the family issue. I kidded myself that my family needed me... It was a major factor in coming back. A huge factor! Since being back, though, I've realised that they don't need me at all, the bastards are doing just great without me.

Which has definetly given me the green light to get the **** out of here. Point being : Don't let other people affect your decisions.
A short four week holiday would have been soooooo much better...
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I relate to the family issue. I kidded myself that my family needed me... It was a major factor in coming back. A huge factor! Since being back, though, I've realised that they don't need me at all, the bastards are doing just great without me.

Which has definetly given me the green light to get the **** out of here. Point being : Don't let other people affect your decisions.
Coda - are you thinking of coming back? Were you somebody else in another BE life?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Very good point coda.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

I've always said I live my life for me and my wife - not the rest of my family. We don't live out of each others pockets. yes family is important and so are friends. but what's the point if every Saturday you spend time round your family's house - every Saturday? that is just routine.

I couldn't live my life for my family. If every did there would be no exploring - no one would move any where. nothing would progress, the world would still be flat and we'd have do idea there was anything past the end of the horizon.

Everyone is different i know and for some it seems on here, the extended family (parents, brothers, sisters, cousins whatever) isn't a big enough pull to keep them in there current existence.

I know for me i will miss some of my family desperately - and my friends, but i'm doign this for reasons close to mine and my wifes heart. We are sure we are makign the right decisions. For me i feel the UK has pretty much gone to the dogs for many many reasons which don;t need exploring in this thread. I see people complain on this forum abotu certain things in Perth and the area - but times those problems by 100 and you get nearly every built up area in England.

For me it's an easy decision - again - i say i'm looking forward to it - bring on the so-called boredom!!! I personally can't wait to be bored to tears of seeing the sun when i wake up, the beach and the sea, clean streets, wineries, kings park, monkey mia, little creatures, freo, Rottnest, Margaret River, bbq's, long pleasant beach walks, friendly faces (I know what some people say but i have never met a happier group of people than those in Perth - everyone smiles and is pleased to say Hello), the biggest news being the traffic into the CBD is bad today (yes i know there are stories of stabbings, burglary's, muggings, anti social behaviour etc - but nothing like the scale of inner-city and suburban britain).

That's my opinion anyway.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:29 am
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Coda - are you thinking of coming back? Were you somebody else in another BE life?
I am definetly leaving the UK but I haven't decided where yet. It's a matter of when. A friend has told me that Las Vegas is brilliant.
I'm doing research at the moment, but OZ or NZ look like the likeliest. Are you into past life regression?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:32 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I am definetly leaving the UK but I haven't decided where yet. It's a matter of when. A friend has told me that Las Vegas is brilliant.
I'm doing research at the moment, but OZ or NZ look like the likeliest. Are you into past life regression?
I thought you had already lived in Australia and New zealand

You claimed elsewhere that you are a New Zealander.....and then that you had dual nationality.

make your mind up
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:43 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I think I replied to you once when you were trolling on the MBTTUK forum......if that is stalking then so be it

Get your story straight before you start any more flaming posts.

Last edited by Dorothy; Feb 26th 2009 at 12:45 pm. Reason: Deleted post removed
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saxtonj
I've always said I live my life for me and my wife - not the rest of my family. We don't live out of each others pockets. yes family is important and so are friends. but what's the point if every Saturday you spend time round your family's house - every Saturday? that is just routine.

I couldn't live my life for my family. If every did there would be no exploring - no one would move any where. nothing would progress, the world would still be flat and we'd have do idea there was anything past the end of the horizon.

Everyone is different i know and for some it seems on here, the extended family (parents, brothers, sisters, cousins whatever) isn't a big enough pull to keep them in there current existence.

I know for me i will miss some of my family desperately - and my friends, but i'm doign this for reasons close to mine and my wifes heart. We are sure we are makign the right decisions. For me i feel the UK has pretty much gone to the dogs for many many reasons which don;t need exploring in this thread. I see people complain on this forum abotu certain things in Perth and the area - but times those problems by 100 and you get nearly every built up area in England.

For me it's an easy decision - again - i say i'm looking forward to it - bring on the so-called boredom!!! I personally can't wait to be bored to tears of seeing the sun when i wake up, the beach and the sea, clean streets, wineries, kings park, monkey mia, little creatures, freo, Rottnest, Margaret River, bbq's, long pleasant beach walks, friendly faces (I know what some people say but i have never met a happier group of people than those in Perth - everyone smiles and is pleased to say Hello), the biggest news being the traffic into the CBD is bad today (yes i know there are stories of stabbings, burglary's, muggings, anti social behaviour etc - but nothing like the scale of inner-city and suburban britain).

That's my opinion anyway.
I used to live in Sherwood and New Basford. I got my car broken into twice in Sherwood and twice in New Basford. I got my house broken into once in Sherwood and twice in New Basford. I got my car smashed into by drugged up youths in Lenton. This was all in 3 years - 1995 to 1998.
Still like Nottingham though...but I know where I want my daughters to be.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Grayling

I think I replied to you once when you were trolling on the MBTTUK forum......if that is stalking then so be it

Get your story straight before you start any more flaming posts.
Oh.....and have you decided which sex you are yet?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:47 am
Bitter and twisted

I used to live in Sherwood and New Basford. I got my car broken into twice in Sherwood and twice in New Basford. I got my house broken into once in Sherwood and twice in New Basford. I got my car smashed into by drugged up youths in Lenton. This was all in 3 years - 1995 to 1998.
Still like Nottingham though...but I know where I want my daughters to be.
I lived in Nottingham for 12 years.....never any problems
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you into past life regression?
I might be if you're offering (and I understood what it meant).

Do I need a bong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.