Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boring I know, but please help!

Boring I know, but please help!

Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Itchyfeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boring I know, but please help!

I cannot choose between Crown and Pickfords for shipping, and am looking for some gut instincts about them. We've got our visas and house is sold "subject to contract", so are looking to move to NZ in early Feb. I know this is a much asked question but any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say anything about Pickfords, but we used Crown and they were excellent. Almost 200 packing items and only one breakage, a tiny sherry glass {sentimental value}. Crown do not use agents, they have their own offices here in NZ

Where in NZ are you heading too?

Gill and Rob, been here almost 6 months
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Boring I know, but please help!

Originally posted by Itchyfeet
I cannot choose between Crown and Pickfords for shipping, and am looking for some gut instincts about them. We've got our visas and house is sold "subject to contract", so are looking to move to NZ in early Feb. I know this is a much asked question but any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why not try 'Pink & Jones' (real Northants eh?).

Na, only joking.......I used Crown for the move from Hong Kong to Brisbane about 3 years ago and they were great! All they lost were some tea spoons from the kitchen!

I am also originally from Northants (near Desbrough).....where are you from?

Paddy
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Crown from Montrose and they were excellent....
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya

We also used Crown and found them excellent. The girl at this end (Fremantle) also picked off the pine cones from our Christmas tree so quarantine didn't destroy it!!

Also know someone else who used them and were also happy!

love sophia xx
Old Dec 21st 2003, 2:32 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

As far as Pickfords goes, they picked up my stuff on the 24th November and it still hasnt left the UK
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cherry6
As far as Pickfords goes, they picked up my stuff on the 24th November and it still hasnt left the UK
How long did they tell you it would take? We used Pickfords, no probs, arrived when they told us it would arrive (8 weeks from memory), no breakages, no losses, no hassles. Based on our experience I would certainly recommend them.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:00 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

How long did they tell you it would take?
Well when I had them round for the quote I told them I needed the stuff to arrive at the end of Jan (2 weeks after I arrive). The guy says 'no probs, we ship to Aus every week', and agreed the pick up date of the 24/11 would be fine, saying it would take about 10 weeks. I rang them the other day to see if it had left and the girl on the phone says that it is still waiting for the container to be filled, and that it should still arrive on time, but I think thats unlikely somehow.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Itchyfeet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gill and Rob
Can't say anything about Pickfords, but we used Crown and they were excellent. Almost 200 packing items and only one breakage, a tiny sherry glass {sentimental value}. Crown do not use agents, they have their own offices here in NZ

Where in NZ are you heading too?

Gill and Rob, been here almost 6 months
Thanks for the reply - I am slightly more drawn to Crown, they seem to take into consideration the kids, which is probably just a sales ploy, but worked for me! We are heading initially to Auckland as my husbands job offer is there, but we're not comitting ourselves to staying there. Whereabouts are you? How are you finding it?
Faye.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

scamp1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a URL for Crown or contact details?
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 12:56 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

we used crown and they were brill

http://www.crownrelo.com/web/reloweb.nsf