Boring Canberra

Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Faircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really nice
Default Re: Boring Canberra

Originally Posted by Faircity
Keep my fingers, toes etc etc etc crossed for you - my OH has had sleepless nights over that and we are nowhere near that stage yet! Let me know Friday!

Lx
Hi Claire - any news on your meds - did everything go ok?????

Lx
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Claire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really nice

Hi...I have a job waiting at one of the "just cuts" salons in Canberra...just waiting to try get the visa...maybe see you there!! One of the 3 salons they have is in Tuggeranong...is that near you?
Claire
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Claire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really nice

Hi Claire - any news on your meds - did everything go ok?????

Lx
Hi,
meds were O.K...there is really nothing to worry about...normally! The doc said he thought we should be O.K for the temp visa.
They were only being sent off today so will be a while yet to hear anything...but will post!!
Ta for asking
Take care
Claire
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:51 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beaumonts
Hi all there,

I have found groceries to be quite expensive (eg 12 pork saus from butcher today cost $20.20) but there are some deals to be had out there.
that's seems expensive. i have lived in canberra for 5 years and have never paid that much for sausages... try the beef sausages.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

beaumonts is an unknown quantity at this point

well seems i av been ripped off - but more fool them they would av ad a good customer in me - oh well looks like woolies and coles get my custom lol

was lookin for chipolatas really but could n't find them - my daughter is really funny bout sausages and she requested bangers n mash - she did nt like them ne way so the search goes on
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

well seems i av been ripped off - but more fool them they would av ad a good customer in me - oh well looks like woolies and coles get my custom lol

was lookin for chipolatas really but could n't find them - my daughter is really funny bout sausages and she requested bangers n mash - she did nt like them ne way so the search goes on
No, Aussie snags are no match for real bangers! I doubt you are going to find really good ones anywhere but your taste buds will eventually forget the difference.

Glad you eventually found somewhere to live - I hope you find Kambah OK. They have had some problems with their schools in that area and several closed down in the recent cuts, including the High School so the kids tend to go either to Wanniassa or Melrose, over the hill (I'd be taking the latter if that was a choice you were having to make).
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

beaumonts is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the tips

daughter does nt go to high school for another two years - by then we may have moved to pastures new (hopefully somewhere a little warmer and closer to the beach lol) - if we decide to stay here I would probably go for the canberra grammer school because she has always wanted to go to a girls school
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the tips

daughter does nt go to high school for another two years - by then we may have moved to pastures new (hopefully somewhere a little warmer and closer to the beach lol) - if we decide to stay here I would probably go for the canberra grammer school because she has always wanted to go to a girls school
Put her name down now just in case then because it is a standard entry point and there will be a high demand. You have probably chosen a school already but personally I would be venturing over the hill to Torrens or Farrer.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
Put her name down now just in case then because it is a standard entry point and there will be a high demand. You have probably chosen a school already but personally I would be venturing over the hill to Torrens or Farrer.
Hi Gill...just a thought...any ideas on a good primary school for child with VI probs?? Thinking any area of Canberra,
Claire
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by quoll
No, Aussie snags are no match for real bangers! I doubt you are going to find really good ones anywhere but your taste buds will eventually forget the difference.
Adapting from 40% EU pork .. to 80% meat sausages in Canberra is a very easy transition.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:02 am
Account Closed

chipolatas are easy to find... but you'll work it all out eventually.

Best of luck.

My local butcher has venison, bison, goat, wallaby and kangaroo sausages.. yum...
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:42 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Those who slate Canberra are generally no those who live there. The people I know that have lived there reckon it is a good lace, especially for a young family. From what I've heard though it's not so great for teenagers, who escape to Uni often never to return. I've been many times and always felt it needs a much bigger population, but Canberra folk don't agree! My wife likes it and compares it to German cities. It is certainly clean, green and orderly. I think it's just not yet quite grown into itself.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Faircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really nice

Originally Posted by copa
that's seems expensive. i have lived in canberra for 5 years and have never paid that much for sausages... try the beef sausages.
Quoll/Beaumonts/Copa

OH has just been offered a post in Canberra The only thing sticking point is the salary and would value your honest opinion! He is being offered just over 60K - is this enough to live on (there is me, OH and 12 year old)??? We are trying to do the sums but not knowing the cost of shopping/bills etc it is difficult to add it all up. Appreciate an honest opinion and you all seem to know your stuff!

Thanks
Lx
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:40 pm
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

Quoll/Beaumonts/Copa

OH has just been offered a post in Canberra The only thing sticking point is the salary and would value your honest opinion! He is being offered just over 60K - is this enough to live on (there is me, OH and 12 year old)??? We are trying to do the sums but not knowing the cost of shopping/bills etc it is difficult to add it all up. Appreciate an honest opinion and you all seem to know your stuff!

Thanks
Lx
we done a spread sheet a week ago and 12 mth costs without clothes shoes or trips out was $62,000 for 7. Rent is a more than a 3rd of that.
Just read my post and i did have clothes and shoes on just not inc in costs
Good Luck M&M
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magic.no7
we done a spread sheet a week ago and 12 mth costs without clothes shoes or trips out was $62,000 for 7. Rent is a more than a 3rd of that.
Just read my post and i did have clothes and shoes on just not inc in costs
Good Luck M&M
Thanks M&M that is a help - you say that you haven't inc in costs - is that insurance costs??? Also was it for a family of 7 if that is the case I am taking it you would think that 3 of us would do just fine on this amount then?? Where abouts are you living - need some hints on that - there were some suggestions on the thread before but these seem quite expensive??? It is all so much to take in at the moment - I think we might be doing our normal thing and over analyzing it all!!!!:curse:

Lx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.