Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bordy heads west! Perth Beerathon: Fri 15th July.

Bordy heads west! Perth Beerathon: Fri 15th July.

Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bordy heads west! Perth Beerathon: Fri 15th July.

Originally Posted by Scossie
The pub we're meeting in is on the corner of Northbridge.
Northbridge is like little Las Vegas in Perth!

I've been to Melbourne a few times, & there's nowhere like it there for lots of pubs & nightlife in one area!!

You'll not be disappointed......

Cool, Looking forward to it John, I'm finishing work in 15 mins, get a few hours sleep & fly at midday.
Hopefully will have caught up on sleep before tomorrow night.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:46 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at the website for the pub in the hotel you're staying in Bill.
They say they have a,"modem day context"????
Well I suppose that'll suit all us internet addicts!!

They call it, "The Oak & Ivy, (A British pub).....

Well I'll tell you what....... 99% of Perth locals have probably never bloody heard of it!
I certainly haven't!
That's probably why it shuts at 9 o'clock....

As I said though, your hotel is only 5 min's walk from Northbridge, & you'll be spoilt for choice there, pubs wise. A lot of the pubs there stay open till about 5 or 6 in the morning...

Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:48 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

As I said though, your hotel is only 5 min's walk from Northbridge, & you'll be spoilt for choice there, pubs wise. A lot of the pubs there stay open till about 5 or 6 in the morning...

[/color][/color][/color][/size][/font]
Thats more like it.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:58 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

OK.....!!!!

The age old question rears its head again!

Most of us who are going on the furious drinkathon on Friday will know & recognise each other.
But, as always happens, the new people who are coming won't!
Gillian & I are gonna meet Bill & Mary, (The Bordy's) at their hotel & point them in the right direction.
The Brass Monkey is always pretty busy on a Friday night, so the best bet is, anybody who's coming along, & hasn't met any of the Perth crowd before, send me a PM & I'll give you my mobile No.

That way, you can phone me when you get to the pub, & I'll find you and get you to buy me a drink.......
Shit....... I mean, I'll introduce you to the others....
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:47 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Rumpity Bumpity Bump...

Last chance for anyone else wanting to come along tomorrow...
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:54 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Rumpity Bumpity Bump...

If Bordy comes back barracking for Freo your in deep sh*t
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:59 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
I second that
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:12 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by gogdownunder

I'll see what I can do...

He's missing the Pies v Bombers game as well.
We'll be able to see it in the pub though.
It's on TV in Perth at 8.30pm, (WA time).
That's a 3 hour delay, so no texting Bill with the score
before its even started here!!!

http://afl.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/article/213447bp.pdf
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'll see what I can do...

He's missing the Pies v Bombers game as well.
We'll be able to see it in the pub though.
It's on TV in Perth at 8.30pm, (WA time).
That's a 3 hour delay, so no texting Bill with the score
before its even started here!!!

http://afl.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/article/213447bp.pdf
As if i would

Can i text Mrs B insted then
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

sorry not gonna make it tonight please tell mr and mrs mystic bordy that i am sooooooooooooo sorry and hope they have a bloody fab night out in Perth.

I am so bloody jealous and will catch up with the rest of you tomorrow at mairis.

xxx
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Rumpity Bumpity Bump...

i bloody wish
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

John give the bordys a big hug from me please im bloody gutted.

May have to fall out with mark tonight and jump in taxi to northbridge lol.

Will txt jill to get a pint up for me if im coming lol

The reality is i will still be here online waiting for the update of how the night went.

You have fun guys

xxxxx
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:48 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by maggy
John give the bordys a big hug from me please im bloody gutted.

May have to fall out with mark tonight and jump in taxi to northbridge lol.

Will txt jill to get a pint up for me if im coming lol

The reality is i will still be here online waiting for the update of how the night went.

You have fun guys

xxxxx
Bugger...

Sorry you guys can't make it.
I spoke to Bill today on the phone, & the wedding he's going to tomorrow isn't until night time, so it'll probably be a late one tonight...

Just go with your idea & jump in a taxi to the pub later on.
Better than waiting at the computer for people to start coming home!!

If you don't make it, We'll see you at Mairi & Chris' tomorrow...
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Had a great night!
Was great meeting Mr and Mrs Bordy, and a few 'newbies', and meeting some again.

All you girls must come to the girls night out on Sat 13th of August at the Burswood!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311448

Hope the Bordy's enjoy the rest of their stay. They were planning to go to Freo today or tomorrow.

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough

Hi guys
Thanks for a great night - was good to meet everyone and put faces to names - thanks for making us feel welcome.
Hope you enjoy you stay in Perth Mr and Mrs Bordy.
Looking forward to meeting everyone again soon
Nibblo (Rachel and Matt)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.