Booming WA ?

Old Jun 5th 2003, 12:53 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booming WA ?

The Yanks are not impressed with high gold prices , the loss of 500 jobs in a small state like WA is not good news.

THE jobs of 500 workers at three WA gold mines owned by US giant Newmont Mining are under threat after the company yesterday failed to win the necessary support from creditors for a rescue package designed to keep the mines alive.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030605/b...sto100486.html

Old Jun 5th 2003, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Booming WA ?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The Yanks are not impressed with high gold prices , the loss of 500 jobs in a small state like WA is not good news.

THE jobs of 500 workers at three WA gold mines owned by US giant Newmont Mining are under threat after the company yesterday failed to win the necessary support from creditors for a rescue package designed to keep the mines alive.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030605/b...sto100486.html

Why do you do all these things? You are like some sort of Trevor McDonald from hell.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:00 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Wilf
Why do you do all these things? You are like some sort of Trevor McDonald from hell.

And the good news is?

AUSTRALIAN Magnesium directors inched closer to abandoning the $1.7 billion magnesium smelter being built in Queensland yesterday as crisis talks dragged on through the day.

The emergency Australian Magnesium (AMC) talks in Sydney brought together the main stakeholders in the project as AMC directors, led by chief executive Rod Sharp, struggled to plug a $200 million shortfall in the project's funding.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030605/b...sto100491.html

Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pommie bastard
And the good news is?

AUSTRALIAN Magnesium directors inched closer to abandoning the $1.7 billion magnesium smelter being built in Queensland yesterday as crisis talks dragged on through the day.

The emergency Australian Magnesium (AMC) talks in Sydney brought together the main stakeholders in the project as AMC directors, led by chief executive Rod Sharp, struggled to plug a $200 million shortfall in the project's funding.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030605/b...sto100491.html

Well, it's true, there's not much down here. Not much of anything really.
You are dedicated I give you that. How long have you been doing the newsreading game?
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:09 am
Just Joined

wesley is an unknown quantity at this point

wilf, 119 posts in two days. if not dedicated, what are you?
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by wesley
I would have thought that was obvious given that I am in Australia:

Bored.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:11 am
Banned

Originally posted by wesley

Stuck with a boring job and far too much time on my hands?

Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I find it odd to see so many youngsters going to Perth nowadays. Why do they want to leave good jobs and a country like England for somewhere so dull. I have looked back and seen your job and you must be the only bloke I know with a decent job there. I bet even you're lying and working for WA tourism?
I hoenstly don't get it. I came here to leave a bad life in England but I would kill for the lives and houses some of these kids have got back there now. They don't know they're born and how they can knock England if they are so rich I don't know.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:43 am
Banned

I find it odd to see so many youngsters going to Perth nowadays. Why do they want to leave good jobs and a country like England for somewhere so dull. I have looked back and seen your job and you must be the only bloke I know with a decent job there. I bet even you're lying and working for WA tourism?
I hoenstly don't get it. I came here to leave a bad life in England but I would kill for the lives and houses some of these kids have got back there now. They don't know they're born and how they can knock England if they are so rich I don't know.

Strange how many kids bought up in Perth leave? many of the guys I know have had childern head off back to the Uk or eastern states in order to get a job?

Old Jun 6th 2003, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Rune is an unknown quantity at this point

I migrated to Australia in '69. Since then I've lived in/worked in/visited every State except Tassie. Now, by choice, I'm back in WA.
So tell me, what do you want to do that's NOT boring? Because the odds are that you'll be able to find it here if you get off your a***, switch off your computer and actually go outside and have a look......
Old Jun 6th 2003, 4:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Wilfred's Conquest - The Anvil
Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
Wilfred's Conquest - The Anvil
Thanks for that Meg.

Another Kipling line puts me more in mind of life in Oz:

... And lose and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss...

Very hard.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Thanks for that Meg.

Another Kipling line puts me more in mind of life in Oz:

... And lose and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss...

Very hard.
Many Happy Tax Returns To You Too:

Rudyard Kipling: If - If you can keep your head when all about you,

Ta muchly, Megsie Pie.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally posted by Rune
I migrated to Australia in '69. Since then I've lived in/worked in/visited every State except Tassie. Now, by choice, I'm back in WA.
So tell me, what do you want to do that's NOT boring? Because the odds are that you'll be able to find it here if you get off your a***, switch off your computer and actually go outside and have a look......

Land of failed nomads who shout loud but say little , I am at my employment and you are nothing.