Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boomerang Poms - another take

Boomerang Poms - another take

Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:15 am
Badge

Default Boomerang Poms - another take

Just met up with the vendor of my new house for a final inspection and he asked me if I was a 'Pom' - in fact the word he used was "To and From" which had me in stitches.

Puts a new slant on the phrase Boomerang Pom!!!

I am really stoked about the new house in a fantastic tight knit community. Its a real ripper of a plot more than the acre we thought - apparently the acre is measured on an aerial basis - if your land slopes down like ours us then of course it must be more than it is stated. (ie. your land is the longest hypotenuse side of a triangle formed by the measured distance and the drop). Met the neighbours really nice.

Badge

Last edited by Badge; Aug 29th 2004 at 10:20 am.

Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:10 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boomerang Poms - another take

well to put another new slant on it - I'm an aussie boomerang !!!!

Hope you and the missus enjoy your new house.

Regards
Mairi

PS. when do we get to see the piccies (or have I missed them ?)
Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:18 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
well to put another new slant on it - I'm an aussie boomerang !!!!

Hope you and the missus enjoy your new house.

Regards
Mairi

PS. when do we get to see the piccies (or have I missed them ?)
MY BOOMERANG WON'T COME BACK !!!
Old Aug 29th 2004, 1:10 pm
Badge

you missed them!!

Weve even been sold a framed aerial picture of our land which I thought was well worth the money asked for. It's a beaut.

BM

Old Aug 29th 2004, 1:43 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
you missed them!!

Weve even been sold a framed aerial picture of our land which I thought was well worth the money asked for. It's a beaut.

BM
Dammit <curse> <foot stamp> <curse>

Go on, post it again, just for me, Pleeeeeeeeeeaaassssssse <beg> <beg> <beg>
Old Aug 29th 2004, 1:53 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, I missed them too!!!!!! >sulk, sulk<
Pleeeeaaaassseeee!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:23 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally Posted by Badge
you missed them!!

BM

A Texas cattleman on vacation in Australia was in an outback pub one day, boasting about the size of his ranch. "Takes me three whole days to ride across mah spread on a hoss." An Old Aussie cattleman on the next stool took a long, slow drink and replied, "I had a horse like that once, but I shot the lazy bugger."

jib
Old Aug 30th 2004, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Badge, you must be excitedbuying your first 'real- sized' house. Come on show us the pictures again! And get saving for the ride on mower you'll need.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 10:03 am
Badge

Originally Posted by tinaj
Great news Badge, you must be excitedbuying your first 'real- sized' house. Come on show us the pictures again! And get saving for the ride on mower you'll need.
This is the first paddock bordering the back yard. We have 2 more paddocks going down to a creek..(!) guests will need to bring walking boots as it is quite steep in places.

Tina, the feeling is immense. Now I know this makes me sound like a hippy or a tree hugger but it makes you feel part of the world you live in, not a 'guest' like you feel in a flat.

BM
Attached Thumbnails Boomerang Poms - another take-paddock.jpg  

Last edited by Badge; Aug 30th 2004 at 10:05 am.