Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boom in market is going, going, gone

Boom in market is going, going, gone

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boom in market is going, going, gone

Theres an article in todays weekend courier mail about the house market in Brisbane. I can't find the article on their website, so I'll type up the main points here.

All typos are © JTL 2005

- Brisbanes auction clearance rate plunged 20% in march, as less than a third of homes that were put under the hammer were sold.

- The average home in the city is now selling for 7.4% less than the asking price

- Takes 71 days to sell a house now, a year ago it took 55.

- If another interest rate rise occurs, house prices could drop 8% (according to PRDNationwide)

- House prices dropped 1.4% from June 2004 to December 2004. Average price now $355,000

- Manly has seen an average price growth of 27% a year over the last 5 years.

Well, thats the highlights of it, if anyone can find a link to the article, please post it ( the article title is the same as this thread title).

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:54 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Boom in market is going, going, gone

woohoo!! and long may the decline in house prices continue (a cou[ple of years would be good)!!! then maybe i can finally get on the property ladder!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Theres an article in todays weekend courier mail about the house market in Brisbane. I can't find the article on their website, so I'll type up the main points here.

All typos are © JTL 2005

- Brisbanes auction clearance rate plunged 20% in march, as less than a third of homes that were put under the hammer were sold.

- The average home in the city is now selling for 7.4% less than the asking price

- Takes 71 days to sell a house now, a year ago it took 55.

- If another interest rate rise occurs, house prices could drop 8% (according to PRDNationwide)

- House prices dropped 1.4% from June 2004 to December 2004. Average price now $355,000

- Manly has seen an average price growth of 27% a year over the last 5 years.

Well, thats the highlights of it, if anyone can find a link to the article, please post it ( the article title is the same as this thread title).

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:33 am
ABCDiamond

I remember being told to never believe what I read in the paper, well today must be a day to take note of that:

From The Age today:
Property demand continues to grow
April 11, 2005 - 12:00PM

Australian's appetite for property refused to abate, with new figures today showing continued strong demand for housing.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...071891853.html

Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:40 am
ABCDiamond

and then... another article in the same paper........
Possible property bargains ahead:
April 11, 2005 - 6:24PM

"Home buyers who can handle a rise in interest rates could snatch a bargain as Australia's housing market softens"

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...071906413.html

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Bodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really nice

If you like a bit of house price debate, including a bit on Oz, check out www.housepricecrash.co.uk

Also www.firsttimebuyerhelp.co.uk