Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boom Or Bust - Housing

Boom Or Bust - Housing

Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Boom Or Bust - Housing

wILL THE AUSTRALIAN HOUSING MARKET BUST???ESPECIALLY PERTH

I STARTED LOOKING CASUALLY LAST SEPTEMBER FOR HOUSES 4 X 2 STARTED AROUND JOONDALUP AT $250000 LATELY MOST HAVE BEEN GOING FOR $350000 THATS A £100000 IN 8 MONTHS WILL PRICES CRASH

I FEEL NOW IS NOT A GREAT TIME TO BUY - I THINK ILL KEEP MY MONEY STASHED IN THE BANK UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT

TAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boom Or Bust - Housing

Originally posted by Tambo

I STARTED LOOKING CASUALLY LAST SEPTEMBER FOR HOUSES 4 X 2 STARTED AROUND JOONDALUP AT $250000 LATELY MOST HAVE BEEN GOING FOR $350000 THATS A £100000 IN 8 MONTHS WILL PRICES CRASH

I FEEL NOW IS NOT A GREAT TIME TO BUY - I THINK ILL KEEP MY MONEY STASHED IN THE BANK UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT

TAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop SHOUTING!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2003, 1:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

TAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!
My suburb went up 25% last year (Ocean Reef)
Old Jun 11th 2003, 1:44 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

TAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!
The short answer is no Perth was a light year behind Sydney the market is now making up lost ground.

Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast has 30% less supply than demand. Should keep the market popping for a while.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:56 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Brisbane/Sunshine Coast has 30% less supply than demand. Should keep the market popping for a while.
thats all those victorians weve been moving up there ,just wait till they have areally humid summer ,we get to move them back..... MM
Old Jun 11th 2003, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by mr mover
thats all those victorians weve been moving up there ,just wait till they have areally humid summer ,we get to move them back..... MM
No No No, Nick/Etinwind has been telling everyone Brisbanes top summer temp is 29degrees!!!!!!!!!

Who am I to disagree he he he
Old Jun 11th 2003, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

No No No, Nick/Etinwind has been telling everyone Brisbanes top summer temp is 29degrees!!!!!!!!!

Who am I to disagree he he he
That's because it is a FACT. Facts are something you have a problem with aren't they Dotty ?

Here is a link to the Commonwealth Bureau of Meteorology.

Climate averages for Brisbane Aero

Now why don't you have a good read and see how much you can distort this information like you and PB tend to do with most other aspects of Australian life.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 8:13 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by etlniwd
That's because it is a FACT. Facts are something you have a problem with aren't they Dotty ?

Here is a link to the Commonwealth Bureau of Meteorology.

Climate averages for Brisbane Aero

Now why don't you have a good read and see how much you can distort this information like you and PB tend to do with most other aspects of Australian life.
what they dont explain is the humidity factor, 30degc with 100% humidity............living in adelaide 40%humidity on a 40degc day is comfortable,,a lot of melbournites only go to queensland during their winter, so when the humidity sets in during summer ,they have second thoughts about living there,thus the two away traffic.............. MM
Old Jun 11th 2003, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mr mover
what they dont explain is the humidity factor, 30degc with 100% humidity............living in adelaide 40%humidity on a 40degc day is comfortable,,a lot of melbournites only go to queensland during their winter, so when the humidity sets in during summer ,they have second thoughts about living there,thus the two away traffic.............. MM
Yes they do. Just scroll down. Relative humidity for Brisbane in summer is 60-70% which is slightly lower than London in summer.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by etlniwd
Yes they do. Just scroll down. Relative humidity for Brisbane in summer is 60-70% which is slightly lower than London in summer.

OK Nick, Brisbane is a Sub Tropical City and it is less humid than London. Do you really think you have just blown your credibility out of the water?

What is your problem admitting Brisbane is hot in Summer? For heavens sake any Aussie will tell you that!

The figures you quote are AVERAGES. TOP temps on the same website for 2000 jan feb mar oct nov and dec range between 35.8 and 39.6.

Very London.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 3:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

OK Nick, Brisbane is a Sub Tropical City and it is less humid than London. Do you really think you have just blown your credibility out of the water?

What is your problem admitting Brisbane is hot in Summer? For heavens sake any Aussie will tell you that!

The figures you quote are AVERAGES. TOP temps on the same website for 2000 jan feb mar oct nov and dec range between 35.8 and 39.6.

Very London.
Highest temps

Brisbane aero
39.1 35.8 38.3 34.3 30.1 28.3 29.6 28.7 33.8 39.1 39.4 39.6

Ipswich (last time I looked Ipswich is in SE QLD)
43.4 40.6 38.3 37.3 32.5 28.6 27.8 33.4 36.4 40.3 43.9 44.6

Redcliffe (Brisbane North - my area)
38.2 35.0 35.0 32.0 28.7 27.0 27.1 29.0 33.5 34.0 40.0 40.1

I don't live in the Airport. Do you? here's the full list/link for the rest of Brisbane and Queensland http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averag...ld_names.shtml
Had an argument with someone ages ago - don't know if it was Nick or someone else but reckoned that I did not have 42 c one summer, well I must have been dreaming along with everyone else in Brisbane that summer. You'll probably remember that heat wave dotty - a couple years back. At the time I was living South side and it reached the low 40's - anyway he/she's (nick)is hell bent in proving everyone wrong,

This may help him/her to understand the weather a bit more http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averag...led_info.shtml

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 12th 2003 at 3:45 am.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

There is an old saying 'there are lies, damned lies and statistics'. Dotty is right, Queensland is hot, hot, hot, the high humidity there means that a 28 degree day in Brissie can leave you sweltering, while in Adelaide 28 degree's is lovely but not exactly beach weather (for me anyway). It doesn't matter what a chart says about the temperatures, until you experience it for yourself you can't really judge. cheers adelaidegirl
Old Jun 13th 2003, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

OK Nick, Brisbane is a Sub Tropical City and it is less humid than London.
That is correct. Are you saying that all the weather sites are wrong ?

I haven't brought my personal preferences into this debate. I am just giving people the facts so that they can make up their own minds

Wrong. They are MAXIMUMS. To be precise they are MEAN DAILY MAXIMUMS. Brisbane is reknowned for having very constant weather. Last summer the temperature peaked at 29 degrees on most days. Occasionally it peaked at 28 and occasionally at 30. Very rarely did the max occur outside these limits.

The 'TOP' temps you quote (39.6 etc) are the maximums of all time. These are pretty meaningless figures as they occur extremely rarely. The maximum temp ever reached in the UK is 37 degrees. now would you suggest people don't live there because it is too hot ?
[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 13th 2003, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick the figures Ceri Quoted are 2000 highs not highs of all times.

Try a new topic - No snow in Alaska - No Sand in the Desert - No Water in the Ocean - or just try living in Brisbane for more than a few months.

Tatty bye and my brother in Brighton says hello again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.