Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booking rental property before arriving

Booking rental property before arriving

Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice
Default Booking rental property before arriving

Is anyone booking a short term rental before arriving? We are taking 2 cats & I'm keen to book one before we go as they will only be in quarantine for 30 days & I will need to have somewhere for them to come to after that. The only problem is the price, the cheapest I've found is $600 per week. What is everyone else doing? Not sure whether I should just wait until I get there. I know it will be more difficult to find somewhere with that cats though.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Booking rental property before arriving

Hi,

We booked ours before we went and paid $650 a week. The price you have said and what we have paid is quite cheap, houses go up to $1000 a week furnished. I am not sure about holiday rentals allowing pets, someone might be able to help.

Where are you heading for?

Sarah.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice

Perth, northern suburbs hopefully
Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Hi there, you will pay an average of $600 per week in a furnished holiday rental. i have noticed that If you go onto realestate.co.au they have a bit on renting property (in particular holiday rentals) have a wee look there you might get summit a little cheaper if you come out of season, its worth a try!!!

annkc
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

JoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the rough

Hey there

We are arriving in July and have booked a holiday let for a month....$600 seems to be about the norm.

One question I have is about insurance.....although we have shipped a lot we are arriving with lots of our belongings (inc electrical items etc) has anyone got any ideas about insurance for these items when we are staying in our holiday let for the month?

The only travel insurance i could find to cover emigrating was with Go Walkabout but it only covers us for 21 days.....what happens if our apartment gets robbed or something after that????

Have just got visions of everything being taken, being left with nothing & have nothing to claim from.....

Any ideas???

Cheers

Jo
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Booking rental property before arriving

Hi

We are currently in Brisbane and we managed to organise our rental property before leaving Scotland and the house turned out to be fantastic. As long as you can provide copies of your passports and birth certificates and an oz bank account you should be okay.

Hope this helps